Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me, here's the setup:

BB Torch 9800
    Outlook 2010

I receive appointments from work via an Outlook Appointment Invite.

This arrives on my phone and also on my PC.

The appointments automatically arrive in my phone calendar, and I have to accept them in Outlook to add them to the local calendar.

When I sync via BBDM, I get a duplicate of the appointments from work.

Is there a way around this? To filter appointments one way? If I tell it not to sync the appointments from Outlook, it then removes them from the phone so I have neither.

I can't be the only person who uses this setup. Can anyone help and give me a guide on how to get around this?

Thanks.

MM.
    02-16-13 06:05 AM
    Hi!

Might be that you're getting one appointment from your Phone's SYNCED calandar, and one from your outlook calendar directly. Even though the two are linked, I suppose you could try separating the two by setting one (preferably the outlook account's) calendar as default.
    02-16-13 07:46 AM
    You can certainly control a one-way sync from within BBDM.

Start BBDM. Go into Organizer. Then click on the options button and you can choose which way your sync moves each time. The direction can be chosen for each of Calendar, Contacts, Notes, etc.

You may also find better options within those settings for dealing with your "duplicates".

When I have done one way syncs I have not seen anything deleted from the phone when doing an Outlook to Phone sync. One way is one way.

With the main issue, I'd look closer at the duplicates to see if you can spot a difference between them. Or get one of the duplicate cleaners that are out there for Outlook. I have seen them for the Inbox and would expect a similar tool exists for the Calendar. But that will only work if they are exact duplicates. I just feel the phone entry and the Outlook entry are subtly different in some way.
    02-16-13 08:54 AM
    Thanks for the ideas guys.

The problem with a one way sync is that it removes the appointments from the phone (for some reason).

I need to go from Outlook to phone as I have my own appointments to sync.

I'll keep hunting. There must be a relatively easy solution to this.

Maybe there is a setting in the phone to tell it not to accept the appointments.
    02-17-13 01:21 AM