While using the Blackberry Desktop Software (6.0.0.40) with my 9700 I am able to tether (there is a Mobile Internet button in the bottom left, and I can select it from the tools menu), however when I am using my 9800 those options dissapear.

Any idea why?
    09-09-10 12:29 AM
    Do you have a tethering plan? Modify the config file and setup a custom init string - it works fine after that.
    09-09-10 12:33 AM
    Do you have a tethering plan? Modify the config file and setup a custom init string - it works fine after that.
    Tethering is included on all plans with Rogers. It works fine on my 5 other BB's and all my other phones as well.

Modify what and setup what?
    09-09-10 12:36 AM
    If you have a tethering plan it should be an option but if not then you must modify the config file setting the carrierID for your carrier to true from false. Are you sure tethering has been added to your 9800 account? Sounds like they missed something if tethering via the DM is working on your other devices.
    09-09-10 12:44 AM
    If you have a tethering plan it should be an option but if not then you must modify the config file setting the carrierID for your carrier to true from false. Are you sure tethering has been added to your 9800 account? Sounds like they missed something if tethering via the DM is working on your other devices.
    All my devices are on the same account using the same SIM (and like I said tethering is included in all Rogers plans), so yes I am sure tethering access is active on my account.

So again: modify what?
    09-09-10 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD