I just donwloaded Desktop manager 6 and tried to sync. I had issues with the two sddress books appearing with previous versions and it not letting me sync to Outlooks and giving me the "Cannot read application data error". Now with DM 6 is gives me the following:

"Error encountered: Error Code 0x80043ac9"

I have a Storm2 9550 running os v 5.0.0.713. I am using Windows XP and Outlook 2003.

I would like to sync my contacts since I have some on my phone not in Outlook and vice versa.
    08-10-10 06:56 PM
    There seem to be lots of syncing issues.
    08-10-10 08:39 PM
    Hi Guys
    Been waiting 3 week for the upgrade to DM 6.0 and still no joy.

Now the error

Error encountered: Error Code 0x80043ac9

BB Bold 9700 OS 5.00.862 using with Office 2010

Had to Edit this Post because it now works.
    I deleted all contacts from phone the synced again.

Now everything great.
    Last edited by SquireClive; 08-11-10 at 07:02 AM.
    08-11-10 06:38 AM
    Does anyone with sync issues have their phone set to enter bedside mode when charging? I did. I have to turn this off to get mine to sync with Outlook 2010. Once I turned this off everything was fine.
    08-11-10 07:36 AM
    Installed with no problem, but getting the following error when I try to configure sync:

"Intellisync. Unknown Error Encountered"

All I can do is hit OK. Nothing gets configured.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    08-11-10 09:50 PM
    Does anyone have a solution to this? I downloaded Desktop Software version 6 and have not been able to sync since.
    I have a Bold 9700 running on OS 5.0.0.680.

thanks
    08-13-10 10:05 AM
    This work for me

See Re: error code 0x80043ac9 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

It basically says
    -backup the device,
    -delete the contacts on the device using the new functionality in V6 using menu item device and select delete data
    -restore the contacts using the backup just created
    -try to sync with outlook again

Good luck
    MLouH likes this.
    08-13-10 05:30 PM
    I went back to version 5.
    08-14-10 03:41 PM
    hi all

Error Code 0x80043ac9

I have a curve 8900 with ver 5 of device software.. it won�t sync... it has not synced since I had ver. 2 of device software when i upgraded to 4 it stopped syncing than I switched desktop to 4 then 5 then to 6.

i have tried all sorts of things... It is a loooong story...At one suggestion I went into the regedit to eliminate any/all references to RIM, Blackberry and PUMA TECH. That was to do a clean install but after all that I still have not been able to sync with OUTLOOK 2007.

I want to try the suggestion of deleting all contacts on the phone and then restore the contacts I backed up... How do I do a general delete of all the contacts on the phone with OS 5? Anyone know how?

thanks for any help
    sferrari
    Last edited by sferrari; 08-17-10 at 11:03 AM. Reason: bad grammar and spelling
    08-17-10 10:59 AM
    Thank you this worked for me.... I have a blackberry 9000 bold been out of sync for 6 months....

This work for me

It basically says
    -backup the device,
    -delete the contacts on the device using the new functionality in V6 using menu item device and select delete data

Good luck
    08-17-10 11:49 AM
    This work for me

It basically says
    -backup the device,

Good luck
    I tryed that for my 9800 running .448 no luck ive been out of sync for 4months now but thanks for the help
    02-10-11 02:28 PM
    this error sucks why cant blackberry build something like outlook so i can ditch outlook
    02-10-11 02:37 PM
    This work for me

It basically says
    -backup the device,

Good luck
    I can't tell you how much time I struggled with this problem. Haven't been able to synch for 4+ months. Your solution worked for me with Outlook 2010, DM 6, DS 6. All is good. Thank you, thank you.
    02-10-11 03:50 PM

The Blackberry website is a disaster. Trying to find a list of supported devices for V6, to see about my 8830.

Half of the webpages don't recognize that V6 exists, yet. For instance:

Requirements: BlackBerry Device Software for devices - Feature and Technical Overview - Chalk Pushcast Software - 5.5

There are other webpages about V6 "Device Software" (as opposed to Desktop software). But good luck trying to find a link with a simple list of supported devices for V6.

Anyway, all of the automatic Update functions say that v4.5 is what my 8830 has, and nothing higher is available, and I have to believe.

So, the 8830 can't get V6, and there are some steps in getting Synch to work that aren't available with V4.5.

I think it's sufficient that the 8830 is able to do a complete backup of the phone, including the Address Book. The file that's loaded onto the computer is encoded, but I have to assume that if my 8830 loses it's mind temporarily, the backup file will be sufficient to properly refill my phone with the data.

Like, if you can do a full backup, then synch is not absolutely necessary? Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks.

-neil-

PS: Yes the 8830, with massive 64 MB of Program Memory, is in desperate need of upgrading to a new model. I just eliminated the Help application to get a little more room.
    02-11-11 01:20 PM
    0x80043ac9 � Solution

This error is due to having a Birthday that is prior to 1900.

I have over 2900 contacts and was able to remember the two that were causing this problem. One birthday was 1850 that I changed to 1950, and the birthday other was 1864 which I changed to 1964.

After making that simple change, I have no problems syncing my blackberry contacts.

I am sure the problem would also be solved by removing any birthdays prior to 1900 and leaving the birthday field empty.

And to think we were all worried about Y2K

Enjoy! :-)
    raykin likes this.
    03-02-11 08:05 PM
    Thank you walle for the hint.

I went to calendar and changed to agenda view. Then "go to date..." and select year "1". It shows me some birthday at year 85 instead of 1985. Changed them to 1985 and sync is working!
    03-24-11 06:35 PM
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has some alternative solutions to this problem? I did as raykin suggested and went through the Agenda view, but found no item before 1942. I know for a fact that I have some PIN fields with an xx/xx/xxxx entry (a holdover from a sync from an older OS version device where I put the birthdays in the that field because there was no actual birthday field (it was from my 7130g) and never bothered to fix it - because it never really became a problem.

So is there any other solution available, or is downgrading to an older version (5.x) of the DM a more logical solution?

Sorry, I'm on DM 6.0.2.44.
    Last edited by freefisheater; 05-11-11 at 04:18 AM. Reason: Added my BB DM version.
    05-11-11 04:18 AM
    Well as it is now a problem, it would be a good time to "fix" your data.
    05-11-11 08:18 AM
    Thanks, I have deleted all invalid entries in the PIN field and have corrected all the birthdays but I'm still getting the error.

I tried syncing to my mac, though, and everything works fine. No errors of any kind, whether they be syncs or backups. I'd use that, but I can't update my OS through the Mac DM.

Here's another question: If I push through updating my OS on the PC - where all but the contacts seem to have synced properly - and choose to NOT restore from the PC backup databases and instead restore from the Mac backup, will that get me back to where I am now, except upgraded to OS 6?
    05-11-11 11:38 PM

I went to outlook and chose the phone list view with the column of birthdays but there the only 2 contacts w bithdays had correct years.

BUT after trying all recommended steps a few times, to no avail, I decided to go to those same 2 contacts birthday fields but ON the DEVICE, and GOTCHA! The years on the DEVICE read year 1000, and fixed it to 1966 and voila! Sync worked like a charm

Y2k thanks!
    05-12-11 11:39 AM
    dm 6 sucks, I could never get it to launch, always crashed on me...i downgraded to 5 and am having some probs with that too....connector specific error?
    05-12-11 09:56 PM
    I don't have any records of birthdays anywhere, and I still have the same sync problems. Deleting the address book will get me two sync, then the same problems comes back, over and over...I'm really getting fed up with RIM support for those NOT on MS Exchange!
    06-03-11 12:56 PM
    Are you using BlackBerry's Desktop Manager?
    I have no issues syncing all of my info. I am not on an exchange server.
    Just BIS
    I sync using BT and at times used my usb cable.
    Good Luck
    06-03-11 08:42 PM
    This error comes up for me during calendar sync, which many people seem to have.
    Here is how I fixed the sync error, which was due to corrupt data on my BB, not outlook:
    I opened calendar on Blackberry.
    Hiighlite a date say a week ago. Select BB key and select 'delete prior'. I had to do this a couple of times to delete data. Interestingly it did not delete all previous appointments from the date selected, but it did fix the sync issue. Hope this helps.
    03-29-12 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD