Im sure me and others want to know how to install this latest leaked OS using the new BB desktop manager 6. Unlike the previous versions where you install the new OS, load up the BB desktop manager software and automatically install from there. Any tutorial (with pics preferred) to guide on this?
    10-11-10 12:21 PM
    Dont use DM, use loader.exe. There are many tutorials including the one in my sig
    10-11-10 01:29 PM
    How I did it was open up the firmware file and it opened the Blackberry desktop and it said their is no new updates. Then I installed the .exe of the firmware, after that the desktop software opened again and said a new update [.895] was avaiable, and it installed it.

It is a really good upgrade from .713 so far
    10-11-10 01:35 PM
    Dont use DM, use loader.exe. There are many tutorials including the one in my sig
    this, using loader i had no issues
    10-11-10 02:05 PM
    Yep, just use the loader.exe and I had zero problems
    10-11-10 02:41 PM
    I cant use loader.exe because there is no folder or file like that installed with desktop manager version 6 (the latest) i run xp home 32 bit. is there any other way to manually load the new OS onto my connected storm through dm?
    10-11-10 03:18 PM
    I have notice a lot of people are gettin the 160 character upgrade but my SMS still shows 140 characters. What's up with that?
    10-11-10 03:35 PM
    I cant use loader.exe because there is no folder or file like that installed with desktop manager version 6 (the latest) i run xp home 32 bit. is there any other way to manually load the new OS onto my connected storm through dm?
    loader.exe has absolutely nothing to do with DM. If the BB OS is installed on your PC then you have the loader. Doesn't matter if its 32 or 64 bit, xp, vista, seven. Stop trying to use dm, it usually causes problems

Install the os to your pc. delete the vendor id here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml

then then click on the loader here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 10-11-10 at 03:51 PM.
    10-11-10 03:40 PM
    FWIW, I tried DM 6 first and it crashed. Loader works every time!
    10-11-10 03:41 PM
    loaded it up,everything seems ok eccept the robotic noises like .713 was.
    i will give it a day and see if anything changes
    10-11-10 03:56 PM
    loaded it up,everything seems ok eccept the robotic noises like .713 was.
    i will give it a day and see if anything changes
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/sto...12/index4.html
    10-11-10 03:58 PM
    any word on the state of the flawlessness of this OS on the wife's phone?
    10-11-10 04:01 PM
    I posted in another thread, but could someone with Tank Recon 3D see if you can play it without the phone rebooting? I tried reinstalling, resetting permissions, etc., and it still won't work. Haven't tried any other Open GL games yet, but maybe later today. I'm posting this here because howarmat is in this thread and I'm pretty sure he has TR3D.

Only other problem I've noticed is that the music player is FUBAR. In portrait there is a black flashing bar on the screen and in landscape sometimes the forward button is missing. Seems to play find though so far...

I love that I can finally type long SMS messages and have them divided up!
    10-11-10 04:01 PM
    any word on the state of the flawlessness of this OS on the wife's phone?
    You must have mistaken me for Dave! Not cool PlK
    10-11-10 04:02 PM
    You must have mistaken me for Dave! Not cool PlK
    No sir, I sure didn't. But, I haven't heard from the grand noobah on this build. Then again, I really didn't expect to, this topic is way out of his league. I find it hysterical that RIM just can't get it right.

I wasted 45 seconds of my life downloading this clunker only to delete it after reading about 20 posts! Laughable
    10-11-10 04:04 PM
    nope, I sure didn't, but I haven't heard from the grand noobah on this build. Then again, I really didn't expect to, this topic is way out of his league. I find it hysterical that RIM just can't get it right.
    Lol!! Its not official so it will never go on his phone
    10-11-10 04:06 PM
    Lol!! Its not official so it will never go on his phone
    Rofl....officials are for n00bs!
    10-11-10 04:07 PM
    I have notice a lot of people are gettin the 160 character upgrade but my SMS still shows 140 characters. What's up with that?
    because telus is gay
    10-11-10 08:15 PM
    installed lets see how it goes... so far no robot voice, but its not my normal calling time, so tomorrow is another day
    10-11-10 09:25 PM
    installed lets see how it goes... so far no robot voice, but its not my normal calling time, so tomorrow is another day
    junk dont install it...... went back to 713 this morning after not even being able to listen to my voice mail
    10-12-10 08:56 AM
    junk dont install it...... went back to 713 this morning after not even being able to listen to my voice mail

Same here not even able to hear my voicemail. Ridiculous and I was so freaking excited
    10-12-10 11:58 AM
    Same here not even able to hear my voicemail. Ridiculous and I was so freaking excited
    i loved the snappiness of he phone but not the distortion, because i am outside alot i know the wind will make that more predominant
    10-12-10 12:36 PM
    All right guys, I have had some time with this new OS (895) and everything is perfect except for the robot voice! Its annoying to the point where Im going to revert back to 713! however its only for other verizon callers such as my dad and sis that get this robot voice problem but I call them a lot and its pushing me past the point! anybody know a hybrid or solution to this problem as of yet?
    10-15-10 09:23 AM
    I installed 895 and have no problems at all.
    No Robotic voice.
    Also I love the 5 icons back on the call screen again. It makes it so much easier to look up contacts and view there information before I call them.
    Maybe it is a hardware issue.
    I totally disagree that this Os is junk
    10-17-10 10:09 AM
    waits for you to post back after your next call about the robotic voice....
    10-17-10 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD