Can someone please help?

I'm trying to install apps that I've downloaded to my PC but when I try to add the app to my 8520 it says "This application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded". The file types are COD, can I only add .alx and .ali file types? The reason I ask is the "look in window" only gives me the option for .alx and .ali files when searching my PC for files.

Thank you in advance.
    03-20-10 10:28 AM
    You need an .alx file to tell the apploader which .cod to load. Look at some simple alx files and you will see how to write your own.
    03-20-10 12:09 PM
    You’ve lost me. Are you saying I can load .cod files? I also don't understand what you mean by "write your own".

I'm also having the same problem with themes. When I download and install an .alx theme via Desktop, I can't see it in the theme section of my 8520 even though it installed successfully.
    03-20-10 01:27 PM
    You�ve lost me. Are you saying I can load .cod files? I also don't understand what you mean by "write your own".

I'm also having the same problem with themes. When I download and install an .alx theme via Desktop, I can't see it in the theme section of my 8520 even though it installed successfully.
    Have you tried looking here:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com
    03-20-10 01:45 PM
    Tried everything but still can't figure it out.

Thanks you anyway!
    03-20-10 02:12 PM
    If you have a cod file you wan't to install with Desktop Manager you need an alx file. If you don't have one write one. Look at some and figure it out. The format is very simple and easy to write with notepad.
    03-21-10 04:21 AM
    i am annoyed because i dled berryweather and it only has an alx
    03-21-10 06:09 AM
    i am annoyed because i dled berryweather and it only has an alx
    When you download an OTA there is a jar file that tells the BB to download the correct cod files from the server. On your computer using Desktop Manager the alx file performs the same function. You cannot click on an OTA link meant for a BB and download the program to your computer. All you will get is the jar file which is useless without the associated cod files. If you have cod files and you want to install them from your computer you need an alx file for DM to know which cod files to load. You cannot load cod files directly either OTA or on DM.
    03-21-10 06:50 AM
    Give a reading to the link kwikid posted, it will help. If you still have doubts after that come and post them, we'll be glad to help.
    03-21-10 09:03 AM
    I still would like to know how to write one. I looked through that lecture and I cant seem to find it?
    06-11-10 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD