Ok, so I have been searching the forums and I am becoming increasingly frustrated. I have a new update on my BB Tour (9630 i think). I tried to update it on my device and it says it cant and to use the Desktop Manager. Fine, I can do that....Not! So, I plug my phone into my laptop where I have DM 5.0.1 and click the app loader. It has a list of things that meed to be loaded so I click upload. It gets to task 5 "connecting to device ROM" and it errors, shuts my phone off, and says that the App Loader cant connect to the device. I tried everything it suggested and still it doesnt work. I figure it might just be because Im using my laptop and it is a vista 64, so I plugged it into my Desktop comp, which is windows 7 and it does the same thing. I am gonna scream cause I need to update my phone and get my desktop manager to work. Thanks for any info!
    06-29-10 02:41 PM
    Are you trying to update the OS?
    06-29-10 03:34 PM
    yes, it says that I have to upgrade from 5.0.0.591 to 5.0.0.732. If it really came to it, i would just leave it be and ignore it, but I want to be able to connect my phone to DM so I can do many other things and it just WONT connect!
    06-29-10 08:27 PM
    I remember reading a similar thread on this but I can't remember where it was; I think the problem was solved by pulling the battery with the device plugged in, then running DM. Not sure if that will help as I've never used DM to do upgrades, I usually just use apploader directly. I've had issues with my device not being recognized, but not during the upgrade process. Whenever it's not recognized I just restart my PC with my device plugged in and it works after that.
    My recommendation is start simple - restart with your device plugged in, and if that doesn't fix it try the battery pull. Hopefully a restart fixes it.
    06-30-10 02:15 AM
    I had a major issue with DM. Did try the battery pull -- didn't work -- but what DID was restarting the computer (Vista 64) with the phone plugged IN. Only thing is suddenly pics are missing from my phone and my home screen image...where'd they go...
    07-02-10 12:37 PM
    Go to your pictures and find the one you had set for your wallpaper and reset it again.
    07-02-10 12:43 PM
    I would if it were still there, LOL, it's just gone -- various photos -- that were on the memory card...apparently it doesn't see the card anymore. Not sure what's up -- just glad I'm able to get the DM to recognize my phone. Nightmare.
    07-02-10 12:46 PM
    Odd, I just looked it up and the device says there's a memory card in there...
    07-02-10 12:50 PM
    Do you know how to access your blackberry pics from your computer to see if pictures are there? They should not be deleted.
    07-02-10 12:55 PM
    If you have Mass Storage Mode enabled you can't access your files with your device, and wallpaper always resets to default for whatever theme you have active. Sounds perfectly normal; once you disconnect your device it will reset the wallpaper on its own and you'll be able to browse media from your device again.

Odd, I just looked it up and the device says there's a memory card in there...
    07-02-10 12:58 PM
    Ah, I see, though I thought I told it to not get massy with me. LOL -- thank you, I'm letting my devices sync right now and letting it scan for media to watch for. Not sure how this works but I enjoy figuring things out. I was actually looking at iPhones (imagine that) and the sales rep told me he really wanted me to have these BBs and he wasn't making money off of me (he would have for iPhones) because I got five BBs for free...didn't even wait for a rebate since they shipped them to me. I'm really loving this software! I think I'm addicted really bad. I used to be lonely at night and now I'm less lonely with BB sleeping on the pillow next to me, LOL, thanks!
    07-02-10 01:06 PM
    I will disagree with you Genomos. You need mass storage mode support ON, you need Enable mass storage mode when connected to YES. Media card support to ON. Media transfer protocol to to OFF>
    This will enable you to access all pictures from your phone and change the wallpaper to any picture you want with most themes. These are my settings and I have tons of pictures and themes I use all the time.
    07-02-10 01:07 PM
    I was looking at my memory settings and it said media card support is on, mass storage mode support is on, changed auto enable mass storage mode when connected from prompt to yes, and it says at the bottom that media card is not available because mass storage mode is currently in use. LOL
    07-02-10 01:33 PM
    That's correct. Even with those settings media cannot be viewed from the device while connected to a PC. I have mine exactly as you do.

I will disagree with you Genomos. You need mass storage mode support ON, you need Enable mass storage mode when connected to YES. Media card support to ON. Media transfer protocol to to OFF>
    This will enable you to access all pictures from your phone and change the wallpaper to any picture you want with most themes. These are my settings and I have tons of pictures and themes I use all the time.
    07-02-10 01:33 PM
    Tried to access files on the media card and VOILA it tells me to disconnect the device from the computer -- so that IS why it happened. Good to know, and thank you, or I'd sit here starving and withering away trying to figure it out because I LOVE this software so much. I love my phone -- it does TRICKS.
    07-02-10 01:34 PM
    Behold the power of CrackBerry.

Tried to access files on the media card and VOILA it tells me to disconnect the device from the computer -- so that IS why it happened. Good to know, and thank you, or I'd sit here starving and withering away trying to figure it out because I LOVE this software so much. I love my phone -- it does TRICKS.
    07-02-10 01:38 PM
    I found CrackBerry before I committed to BlackBerry -- and I am intensely monogamous -- like St. Michael, or something -- and I love my BlackBerry and I shall never touch another (phone) again -- or defile my eyes with any other Berry-type site again. I am hooked. I am owned.
    07-02-10 01:44 PM
    Hmm, disconnected from laptop and I still can't see my memory card pics...trying shutting it down...
    07-02-10 01:55 PM
    That didn't seem to help...I'm going to try again because I took a pic of my right shoe and it was fine...so something's up that I need to investigate! Weird...I should eat food...I forgot!
    07-02-10 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD