1. Does this mean Access to the Modem is Blocked?
    2. If Blocked can this setting be changed in the Engineering Screen? (eScreen)
    3. Does this indicate Disable IP Modem is True on BBES?
    4. If Disable IP Modem is set to True on BBES does it mean ALL devices cannot tether, or can BBES set the Disable IP Modem IT different for each individual device.
    See Attached Picture.
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails If I see "Volumes - Internal Disabled by Admin Policy" in BlackBerry Device Manager. . . .-internal-volumes-disabled-policy-redact.png  
    09-01-15 05:33 PM
    Disabled by Admin Policy means Disabled by Admin Policy.

An Admin Policy is a BES rule that tells your device to do X in a different way a device not on a BES would.

If you are on a BES, contact your BES/IT Admin. If you're NOT on a BES tell us what device you have so we can try and help you get rid of the admin policy you should not have on a device that's not on a BES. If you bought the device from someone, ask that person about it.
    09-01-15 09:15 PM
    My phone is a new BlackBerry Classic.

I am sure I am on a BES as I work for a huge company. I have contacted the admin and asked why my Bold 9900 did not have this restriction and if this setting could be removed. No response as of yet.

My big concern is that if I am blocked from the Internal Volume does that necessarily block access to the modem for tethering?
    09-01-15 09:30 PM
    My phone is a new BlackBerry Classic.

I am sure I am on a BES as I work for a huge company. I have contacted the admin and asked why my Bold 9900 did not have this restriction and if this setting could be removed. No response as of yet.

My big concern is that if I am blocked from the Internal Volume does that necessarily block access to the modem for tethering?
    Can a Classic even do that? Honest question. I don't think Link and BB10 do that. If they do, let me know (I don't really use Link).
    09-01-15 10:13 PM
    FYI - others have written they could tether with the Classic on some of my other posts.
    But, if the new Blackberry Classic cannot tether but the old Bold 9900 could that would be disappointing.
    09-02-15 09:37 PM