Reading last post about BlackBerry blend, BlackBerry link is a light version of BlackBerry blend

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:26 AM
    BlackBerry Blend is as I know unique today (please correct if I�m wrong). The latest leaked inromations mentioned a lot of features that no other platform can offer, such as a secure connection to business servers with every connected device.
    NOPE, BlackBerry Blend is nothing special and Nokia Symbian already offered it 6 years ago with Nokia Communication Center.

It provided function for making and answering calls on computer as well as reading and sending text messages. And also looking up contacts on the phone from the computer.
    And Nokia offered it for free.

All this from 2008.
    http://nokia-communication-centre-be...ormer.com/7.1/

Of course, no one knows about this, and this feature is just one of the reasons Nokia Symbian was the most advanced mobile OS of all time.

It is just absurd to charge money for Blackberry Blend when it should have been already available six years ago.

I find it funny how Apple people and BlackBerry people talk about the computer integration like it's a big deal when Symbian had was the first one to do a proper integration in 2008 and no one made a big deal of it.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    09-21-14 03:04 AM
    Blend should be free. Google doesn't charge for anything...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:28 AM
    I think BlackBerry Blend should cost .99. Opinions?-img_20140921_161929.png

BlackBerry Blend is already in my BlackBerry World under installed and as you can see from the screen shot, all I need to do is Open it once it's officially released.

So there's your answer. It's free.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 10:22 AM
    I would pay if only Blend can integrate apps like WhatsApp or even android apps in mirror mode. I won't pay to have just the BB10 hub in desktop.
    09-21-14 10:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140921_161929.png 
Views:	1372 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	299328

BlackBerry Blend is already in my BlackBerry World under installed and as you can see from the screen shot, all I need to do is Open it once it's officially released.

So there's your answer. It's free.

Posted via CB10
    If you have a 10.3 your supposed to be a beta tester so of course you don't pay a service that doesn't exist yet... and of course you?re not supposed to publish screen shot on forums...

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:34 PM
    Noone would buy it. Bbm needs help not more obstacles

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    09-21-14 02:41 PM
    BlackBerry blend is just to have your stuff on your BlackBerry on your computer and use them right? And I assume e erythema you do on your computer is also on your phone.

But anyway, that should be free, IMO. Or at least everything that the competition does, like Skype and other messaging services. If they could add more for free it'd be better.

IMO, everything the competition does for free BlackBerry should also. If they do more for free then that gives them the edge. Of course, they could charge for the other stuff.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 02:50 PM
    The basic functions should be free. Perhaps add on in depth functions and functions that are specific to a certain user group could be paid for.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:06 PM
    Should be free.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-21-14 04:09 PM
    Blend can be a big advantage in the biz world and should be free.

I'm also hoping that it works nice on tablets like iPad, Android and Surface.

Personally I'm especially looking forward to BBM as this is giving me the opportunity to answer BBMs during Work without looking at my phone.

For team conversations we use a mixture of BBM and Skype - Skype basically because it works good on the PC.

Would also love to have a separate Window for a BBM-Chat which I can have opened on my second screen to communicate. A big advantage would be to send pictures (Screenshots) via Blend and view them directly in the chat window. Via Skype you have to download them all the time...
    09-21-14 04:17 PM
    Will there be a version of BlackBerry Blend for Mac?

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.3014
    09-21-14 04:28 PM
    Will there be a version of BlackBerry Blend for Mac?

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.3014
    Yes
    09-21-14 04:33 PM
    If you have a 10.3 your supposed to be a beta tester so of course you don't pay a service that doesn't exist yet... and of course you?re not supposed to publish screen shot on forums...

Posted via CB10
    First, not running 10.3

Second, not a Beta tester.

Next.

Blend is FREE !! And you'll be surprised of what it is and can do. Only 2 more days and the world will know.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 12:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who told you that? It's a leaked OS not a beta. Screen shots are everywhere of 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:00 PM
    Who told you that? It's a leaked OS not a beta. Screen shots are everywhere of 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    A leaked OS is for beta test/ preview. If it's a beta test or preview you are not allowed to make screenshot. It's an old debate but leaks kill BlackBerry effort to make noise and manage it's communication. And for Blend, what I was saying is its not because you see blend on a leak that it's 100% sure you'll have in regular OS update. Beta test or preview are way to test and make some customers preview of what they will sell to end customer. So Yes it's not sure you'll have blend for free and Yes you're not allowed to make screenshot of beta or leaks.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 06:52 PM
    Blend should be free. Google doesn't charge for anything...

Posted via CB10
    Nope they just data mine you

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    progguy likes this.
    09-22-14 07:04 PM
    Cool I have blend too. Was afraid it was going to be a 10.3 thing and I would have to wait 3 months for vzw to release. Now I will have something to play with in Wed since I won't be getting a PP then.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-14 07:07 PM
    A leaked OS is for beta test/ preview. If it's a beta test or preview you are not allowed to make screenshot. It's an old debate but leaks kill BlackBerry effort to make noise and manage it's communication. And for Blend, what I was saying is its not because you see blend on a leak that it's 100% sure you'll have in regular OS update. Beta test or preview are way to test and make some customers preview of what they will sell to end customer. So Yes it's not sure you'll have blend for free and Yes you're not allowed to make screenshot of beta or leaks.

Posted via CB10
    My screen shot is from my Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247 as you can see from another screen shot

It's not a leak, not OS 10.3 and not beta.

You may want to check your BlackBerry World as Blend is has been randomly appearing in everyone's BlackBerry World. You just can't open it or use it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 299703
    09-22-14 07:39 PM
    My screen shot is from my Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247 as you can see from another screen shot

It's not a leak, not OS 10.3 and not beta.

You may want to check your BlackBerry World as Blend is has been randomly appearing in everyone's BlackBerry World. You just can't open it or use it yet.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 299703
    OK sorry I thought it was only for 10.3. So interesting news, it could be free...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 03:19 AM
    NOPE, BlackBerry Blend is nothing special and Nokia Symbian already offered it 6 years ago with Nokia Communication Center.

It provided function for making and answering calls on computer as well as reading and sending text messages. And also looking up contacts on the phone from the computer.
    And Nokia offered it for free.

All this from 2008.
    http://nokia-communication-centre-be...ormer.com/7.1/

Of course, no one knows about this, and this feature is just one of the reasons Nokia Symbian was the most advanced mobile OS of all time.

It is just absurd to charge money for Blackberry Blend when it should have been already available six years ago.

I find it funny how Apple people and BlackBerry people talk about the computer integration like it's a big deal when Symbian had was the first one to do a proper integration in 2008 and no one made a big deal of it.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Ah, the old symbian argument. It never gets old for the last two people who actually believe it. Dude, what blend offers in terms of functionality is stunning and in no way comparable to the symbian. Nokia and now Apple will find out that receiving a phone call on a computer is of no real value to the average user. Why do you think it died in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 08:07 AM
    Ah, the old symbian argument. It never gets old for the last two people who actually believe it. Dude, what blend offers in terms of functionality is stunning and in no way comparable to the symbian. Nokia and now Apple will find out that receiving a phone call on a computer is of no real value to the average user. Why do you think it died in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    And it's free...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-14 11:38 AM
    "BlackBerry Blend comes free on BlackBerry Passport at launch. Additional enterprise features will be available through a subscription program. Details of the enterprise offering will be announced in the coming weeks."
    So could be not for free
    09-24-14 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are comparing a feature that was available in 2008 with Symbian and and 2014 feature for BlackBerry. I sure as hell hope that the BlackBerry Blend is better given the six years of time that BlackBerry had.

I am just saying that the Blend is nothing completely NEW like many BlackBerry users and Apple users say with their BlackBerry Blend and Apple continuity. The kind of integration was available before those two companies all the way back in 2008 with Symbian.

You don't want to answer calls on your computer? That's fine, but it's nice having the option of doing so, not having to take out my phone at all on my work desk.

The Nokia Communicator gave an option to send and receive calls and texts directly on your computer screen. You do not get how useful it is since you never got to actually use it.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-24-14 01:58 PM
    "BlackBerry Blend comes free on BlackBerry Passport at launch. Additional enterprise features will be available through a subscription program. Details of the enterprise offering will be announced in the coming weeks."
    So could be not for free
    Companies pay for enterprise so they pay.

Blend is free for Consumers.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 02:00 PM
87 1234