So I have a done a full backup of my device, but only want to restore a few things back onto the device, such as bookmarks. I already have calendar, tasks, password keeper entries backed up with the latest content, and I don't want old content from my full backup file to overwrite anything. So I just want to use that full backup file just to restore bookmarks and maybe other content back onto my device.

Anyone know how I can do so?

Thanks!
    05-27-10 11:28 PM
    05-28-10 09:09 PM
    05-28-10 09:10 PM
    So I have a done a full backup of my device, but only want to restore a few things back onto the device, such as bookmarks. I already have calendar, tasks, password keeper entries backed up with the latest content, and I don't want old content from my full backup file to overwrite anything. So I just want to use that full backup file just to restore bookmarks and maybe other content back onto my device.

Anyone know how I can do so?

Thanks!
    Just use DM; go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced, click Open File at the top of the left pane and select the .ipd file you wish to load from. When it loads, simply highlight the component(s) you want back on your device on the left, then click the >> button in the middle to transfer just those to your device.
    05-31-10 04:51 PM
    Just use DM; go to Backup/Restore -> Advanced, click Open File at the top of the left pane and select the .ipd file you wish to load from. When it loads, simply highlight the component(s) you want back on your device on the left, then click the >> button in the middle to transfer just those to your device.
    Perfect. Thank you!
    05-31-10 08:23 PM
    Perfect. Thank you!
    No problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 08:26 PM
    Tangential to the above posting is it possible to read data out of an .ipd backup file w/out having a BB device and how do I do that? With my life stored on the thing I realized it will be bad news if I ever lose the BB and can't read the info in the backup files.
    07-28-10 03:26 PM
    Tangential to the above posting is it possible to read data out of an .ipd backup file w/out having a BB device and how do I do that? With my life stored on the thing I realized it will be bad news if I ever lose the BB and can't read the info in the backup files.
    The post [HERE] should help.
    07-28-10 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD