I swapped carriers and I no longer carry my Storm. I synced the Storm a few days before I sold it, but didn't write down all of my contacts. Now I have a non blackberry device and I was wondering if there is any way to retrieve the contacts from my Desktop Manager without having the BB present. I will manually put them in on my new phone, I just need to see them. My phone book is empty! HELP!
    07-27-09 02:39 PM
    No way of doing this as far as I am aware, sorry :-(
    07-28-09 04:52 AM
    Your only hope is that you did a Synch with Outlook before selling your Storm. If this is the case you just need to Synch your new non-BB phone with Outlook and voila! If you did not synch with Outlook I am afraid you lost all your info. DM does not retain info. It just acts as an interphase between your phone and the PC.

Second option, borrow a Storm from someone else, back up his or her data, wipe data only (not applications), restore your Storm backup on this phone, then Sync it with Outlook. Last step, connect yor new phone to PC and synch with Outlook. Ah! wipe your data from borrowed Storm and restore original data.

I hope this helps!
    Cheers!
    07-28-09 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD