hey guys I have a MacBook Leopard .. and verizon just released a new OS for my pearl 8130 but i dont know how to run the .exe file and update my phone?
    02-29-08 02:39 PM
    You can't. It needs to be done from a PC.
    02-29-08 02:44 PM
    RIM will a have a solution out soon that will allow mac users to do all the things a PC user can do with their blackberry,macs are becoming more popular then they have ever been,go apple.
    02-29-08 03:16 PM
    Hello ppl. My first post here. I do it using windowsxp on parallels desktop on my macbook pro. Works good, I don't know any other way, anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-29-08 03:18 PM
    The only other way I know of (other than Polberry's solution) is to go to the VZW store and let one of the techs update it for you.
    02-29-08 05:01 PM
    The only other way I know of (other than Polberry's solution) is to go to the VZW store and let one of the techs update it for you.
    is that free
    02-29-08 08:10 PM
    Yes....it's free...I've done it before with other phones.

My suggestion before you go is to back up your BB. They have you sign a waiver in the event the upgrade erases your drive. It's rare, but just in case.
    02-29-08 08:43 PM
    V... how can we back-up on a Mac? I would love to know! The only way I know of is with the DT Manager.
    02-29-08 08:46 PM
    When I back up, I'm syncing my calendar/events/tasks/memos/contacts with PocketSync from my BB to Entourage.

It won't backup the BB outright, but at least my important information is saved.
    02-29-08 08:59 PM
    When I back up, I'm syncing my calendar/events/tasks/memos/contacts with PocketSync from my BB to Entourage.

It won't backup the BB outright, but at least my important information is saved.
    Ok thanks! I thought I was missing something. I'm looking into either Parallels or VMWare Fusion so I can run Windows and do full back-ups and OS installs with the DT manager.
    02-29-08 09:16 PM
    I have an older PB, so I can't run parallels.
    02-29-08 09:34 PM
    Time for an upgrade then! I was in Best Buy, the Macbook Pro dropped $300 and the tag said clearance. I think this is because Apple just released this...
    Apple - MacBook Pro
    I just brought mine 3 weeks ago. Best Buy wouldn't give me the $300 back. I was hoping because that would have paid for this...
    Apple - Time Capsule
    But I'll still buy it!
    02-29-08 09:46 PM
    I keep going back and forth between just upgrading the OS to 10.4+ or just buying a new one. Really, except for the "i" key, the laptop works great!
    02-29-08 10:13 PM
    If you can, go get a mbp, they really rock!
    03-02-08 10:59 AM
    Well, if one is not in the market for a new laptop, I take it one is just screwed, or?

I have an iBook G4 that will be my laptop for about another year. I also have a new BB Curve with AT&T. I would like to be able to really use the BB, update its OS, sync it with my Address Book and iCal, etc. But all I ever hear people say is "run Windows in Parallels" or "do it on a Windows machine."

Sorry. Not a solution for me. I should be able to do this on a Mac and I can't.
    03-02-08 03:01 PM
    Well, if one is not in the market for a new laptop, I take it one is just screwed, or?

I have an iBook G4 that will be my laptop for about another year. I also have a new BB Curve with AT&T. I would like to be able to really use the BB, update its OS, sync it with my Address Book and iCal, etc. But all I ever hear people say is "run Windows in Parallels" or "do it on a Windows machine."

Sorry. Not a solution for me. I should be able to do this on a Mac and I can't.
    as castle rock pointed out, RIMM is developing a Mac program and it will be out, you will just have to wait till then, or you could find a friend who has a windows machine and use that, or take it to ATT and see if they will update it for you. Or you could buy a Windows machine ( I dont condone this type of behavior though )
    03-04-08 10:41 AM
    can't wait for the mac program.
    yea macs are definetly getting more popular having passed dell as the top notebooks being sold:

Apple is again number 1 in higher education (laptop sales) | Computerworld Blogs
    03-04-08 02:44 PM
    des... nice pics!
    03-04-08 02:54 PM
    can't wait for the mac program.
    yea macs are definetly getting more popular having passed dell as the top notebooks being sold:

Apple is again number 1 in higher education (laptop sales) | Computerworld Blogs
    I have to say the picture creeps me out a bit. Its like Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something.
    03-04-08 03:07 PM
    Frack-berry doesn't make a mac friendly Desktop Manager that allows anyone to upgrade their firmware, they must be in bed with Microsoft.
    12-15-09 07:57 PM
    What are you talking about? They now have on official DM for Mac that is actually a lot nicer than the windows version, if not quite as full featured. The only thing it is missing as far as I care is the ability to install a non-official OS.
    12-17-09 07:43 AM
    What are you talking about? They now have on official DM for Mac that is actually a lot nicer than the windows version, if not quite as full featured. The only thing it is missing as far as I care is the ability to install a non-official OS.
    It's my experience the Mac DM can't even install an official OS right. When VZW released the Tour update, mine bricked. Had to resort to restore using a PC and the instructions floating about these forums.
    12-17-09 08:45 AM
    Well now that the mac desktop manager allows you to update. Even though a carrier released the version that I am looking for it wont see it. Is there a way to download the file and update just like we do with windows?
    11-16-10 12:37 AM
    It's my experience the Mac DM can't even install an official OS right. When VZW released the Tour update, mine bricked. Had to resort to restore using a PC and the instructions floating about these forums.
    The Mac DM can update the OS using an official update. I have used it for my Torch with no problems. It actually updated much faster than when I used my Windows machine with my Bold. I have seen many Blackberries bricked while updating using Windows, the platform is not relevant. Usually when a phone is bricked it comes down to user error.
    11-16-10 04:50 AM
    So, there's no way to install leaked OS using a Mac?
    11-19-10 06:14 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD