Many many thanks. I had to go through the instructions a few times, but it worked and I am "alive" again.

The key was to remove the battery after the 507 error came up and hook up then without the battery.
    01-01-10 07:36 PM
    I don't know if I've been doing this wrong but as soon as the correct OS downloads my phone shuts down before I the OS starts to load. As soon as the OS starts to load even though the phone is off I install the battery and the screen that comes up is the "reload software 552" screen. after this nothing happens for a while, then the OS starts to install after a while and the phone turns off again. This happens over and over. At this point I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    I've been getting the same problem ever since I upgraded my desktop manager to 2.0. Always freezes midway through upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 07:32 PM
    bsalvador86 if you can I would install windows 7 like I said on your mac and it should work a lot easier. if you don't have windows 7 I'm sure any version of windows will work. I hope this helps. If you can't install Windows I hope you finally get it to work. I know it was a pain for me to try to get the OS reloaded through my Mac.
    01-08-10 11:20 AM
    hi,
    ive done every step and everything went well. although it did take me a few tries.
    but after ive recovered my blackberry. i found that a lot of applications that come with the phone are missing, such as bbm and all my games. i was wondering why this happened and if i can somehow get these applications back?
    thanks.
    01-11-10 07:58 AM
    To get ALL the base apps you have to click the applications icon and when they appear check each one you want and reinstall them and it does yet another restart

And THEN you do a restore or you miss the preferences and files directed to those apps

This is a load of S**T
    Last edited by terryzx; 01-12-10 at 05:10 AM.
    01-12-10 05:07 AM
    how can i get to where i click the applications icon?
    thanks.
    01-12-10 05:14 AM
    It is at the top of the MAC DM

There is the Backup Restore Applications Sync icons....on the top right or in the menu
    01-12-10 05:16 AM
    ohh okay thanks.
    i will try it and see if i can get it sorted.
    thanks for the help!
    01-12-10 05:19 AM
    I was having trouble using DM through Parallels on my dual Mac. About 60 times worth...I finally called Verizon and they directed me through the upgrade 1.0.2 to their DM and I unbricked my BB without all of the battery pulling stuff. Here is the link. I know it says 1.0 but that's not what downloads.

Downloading and installing BlackBerry Desktop Manager - Macintosh
    01-12-10 08:29 AM
    This may be a silly question, but I'm viewing this thread after having deleted a apps (I wasn't messing with the OS) and now I'm getting the Reload Software: 552 message.

Question is, when I do plug my phone into my Mac, am I going to still be able to back anything up that was on there, or does this message mean that everything's screwed?
    01-12-10 11:06 AM
    This may be a silly question, but I'm viewing this thread after having deleted a apps (I wasn't messing with the OS) and now I'm getting the Reload Software: 552 message.

Question is, when I do plug my phone into my Mac, am I going to still be able to back anything up that was on there, or does this message mean that everything's screwed?
    EVERYTHING is just GONE

But you could still use an old backup to restore since this stupid DM won't back up ANY 3rd party apps

I find that using Google Sync is a decent backup for calendars and contacts in case it messes up AGAIN as it keeps on doing

I'm not at all happy about this 552 CRAP since it seems to do THAT at EVERY update I get
    01-13-10 10:24 AM
    Everytime I take out the battery and connect the phone with the USB cable it says "waiting for device to start" then "connecting" then it says it cannot connect to my device advising me to replace the battery. Am I doing something wrong here?
    01-15-10 02:13 PM
    Everytime I take out the battery and connect the phone with the USB cable it says "waiting for device to start" then "connecting" then it says it cannot connect to my device advising me to replace the battery. Am I doing something wrong here?
    Restart the computer and have no others apps running
    01-15-10 02:28 PM
    Restart the computer and have no others apps running
    No success..
    01-15-10 03:30 PM
    No success..
    Odd....mine did that and that fixed it several times

Try reinstalling the BB DM....can't hurt
    01-15-10 04:10 PM
    I actually rolled it back to 1.0.1 and still no success at all... 2 days with my device bricked it's not making my life easier...
    01-15-10 04:17 PM
    I actually rolled it back to 1.0.1 and still no success at all... 2 days with my device bricked it's not making my life easier...
    It is still under warranty so just call Verizon and have them get you to RIM support or else replace it

I am on my 7th one now UGH!!!!
    01-15-10 04:47 PM
    I tried all the steps. Worked perfectly. However, after installing the OS and loading all the apps it says "Waiting for device to start" and is stuck on the hour glass for about 30 minutes. Tried unplugging device and removing battery and re-inserting it but no luck. Any suggestions?
    01-27-10 06:57 PM
    I have mine running once again but as soon as the iPhone is on Verizon....it is BYE BYE BB

I must have had to reinstall that crap OS at least 25 times
    01-27-10 07:37 PM
    wow i hate my Tour now.
    02-10-10 05:41 PM
    took my DM and 3 reboots but it worked

thanks for the great directions!
    02-10-10 05:55 PM
    After removing the battery (step#3), And step#4 Plugging the phone in via USB, I DO NOT see th screen come on and DO NOT have a Battery icon with a red line through it. I only get a blinking red LED on the BB bold 9000.
    Also DM did not launch.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks.
    03-09-10 07:12 PM
    great tut...at least i'm hoping...i'm stuck on step 5. i choose the OS i want to download and install and you mentioned that it might shut off and take 2-3 tries but so far it's taken me 37 tries and i'm about to give up...any ideas what might be going wrong? thanks
    03-10-10 07:20 AM
    is there away to brick a blackberry on a mac?
    03-10-10 04:59 PM
    I tried all the steps. Worked perfectly. However, after installing the OS and loading all the apps it says "Waiting for device to start" and is stuck on the hour glass for about 30 minutes. Tried unplugging device and removing battery and re-inserting it but no luck. Any suggestions?
    I'm having the same problem! Only thing I can think of is that my battery may have practically no charge... could that be the problem? Wouldn't plugging it in via USB do the trick? Or does it have to be booted for the battery to get juice?

Then again if it had no juice, I wouldn't see the hour glass/white screen at all, right?

HELP - I'M SO CLOSE!
    Last edited by mnanda; 03-11-10 at 05:13 PM.
    03-11-10 05:10 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD