I have the BB Curve 8330 OS 4.5, with Verizon and I was wondering if if the curve has an application where you can take any bookmarked website in your BB and send it to your "desktop" as an icon ( similar to what you would do on a PC..ie) right click and 'send to desktop' ) ??

I looked on Blackberry.com ( RIM's site) and it looks like there are many sites that you can download there that put the corresponding icon on your desktop.

Is this the only way to do it ?

For example, I have NPR and Moodio in my bookmarks, but would like to have them as icons on my desktop.

Anyone know how I would do this ? Can it be done from the BB device itself.... ?

thanks for any help.

Jason.
    Last edited by Jason123; 01-07-09 at 08:29 PM. Reason: more information needed
    01-07-09 08:28 PM
    Not unless the icons have been already made, they dont appear the same way a PC would.

Heres a few icons/apps for you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Email this to yourself, they are OTA installs for the icons.

Astrient Labs - J2ME
    01-07-09 08:30 PM
    One more site with mobile launchers:

Blackberry Launchers
    01-07-09 08:33 PM
    THANKS !! I WILL GIVE IT A SHOT. JASON.

Not unless the icons have been already made, they dont appear the same way a PC would.

Heres a few icons/apps for you

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

Email this to yourself, they are OTA installs for the icons.

Astrient Labs - J2ME
    One more site with mobile launchers:

Blackberry Launchers
    01-08-09 07:32 AM
    There are some 3rd party short cut apps where you can assign a web shortcut to an icon, or can select it from a list instead of through the browser.
    01-08-09 07:47 AM
    You can also create your own custom home page HTML file with all your favorite links and store it on your media card. Not what you asked for, but an alternative to installing a bunch of launcher icons.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...a-card-130263/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 08:21 AM
    I used this program to create my own web launchers:

Blackberry Web Shortcuts

It works really well. I love it. I made one for Orb and one for Hotmail. I just did a google image search for png images to find an icon (actually, I used the Orb png file installed by the program). They say it must be close to 32x32 size, but it didn't really seem to matter for me.
    01-08-09 08:33 AM
    Mobile Sites is also a nice place for Mobile Sites from your BlackBerry is you do not want tons of icons on your desktop.
    04-08-10 02:52 PM
    Iconify is a great app, and it allows you to create speed dial/sms contact icons as well as webpages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD