1. Rooster99's Avatar
    When I create Tasks in Outlook I always leave the Start Date = None.

    Yet frequently when I run the DM sync to Outlook the Start Date for some - not all - Tasks will change from None to the date the sync is being run or another date. It seems pretty random.

    I've seen the Start Date in Outlook be set = None, yet DM is applying a new Start Date to the device. I've seen it the other way around.

    Unfortunately sometimes it changes the Start Date to a date later than the Due Date, which causes problems.

    Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have a fix?

    I'm currently running a Torch 9860 with OS 7.1 and DM but I've seen this happen with other devices, OS versions and DM versions.

    TIA - R.
    03-19-12 08:29 PM
  2. Rooster99's Avatar
    Don't know why it happened, but found similar reports on blackberry.com user forums.

    One workaround seems to be working for me as well.

    I went into Organizer Sync setup and under the Task sync setup I used Advanced > Filed Mappings and removed the map from Outlook "Start Date" by clicking on it to remove the double-ended arrow.

    I have no idea why that was enven enabled if the Berry doesn't have Start Date for Tasks. But maybe it does and the Task app just doesn't display them. Very lame if that's the case.

    - R.
    03-22-12 12:45 AM