I was curious if a lot of BlackBerry users use BlackBerry Link. I have had issues but everything seems to be working. I also use the Hotmail Connector with my Outlook.com account.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 04:52 PM
    I love it really cool

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 04:59 PM
    For backups it is great.
    However, if you set up the link correctly, your PC to the BlackBerry, then it becomes and excellent way to access, read or write, files and folders on your PC from the BlackBerry from, well, anywhere in the world if your PC is online.
    You can also set up the link with more than one PC, so home or office is accessible.
    03-24-14 05:09 PM
    I use link everyday at least for my business and personal stuff media etc. Im not having any issues at the moment, like others link is essential for my working life
    go1ndr likes this.
    03-25-14 05:18 AM
    I use it every day to sync my work calendar to my phone.

Z10
    03-25-14 05:33 AM
    I use it everyday as well. It took a long time to get it right!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:43 AM
    For backups or restores only. To add music or documents I use an SD card reader.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:01 AM
    No problems here with bblink and everything is functioning fine. Including accessing files on my computer thru cell network. Using Win 8.1 64bit and office2013.
    03-25-14 10:25 AM
    I've been using it and it works just fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 11:21 PM
    I use Link and fortunately, I've never had any problems with it. I try to connect once a week, just to save stuff to my portable hard drive or change my music.

On my Chosen One... ZedTen
    03-26-14 01:16 AM
    I dont use link,

I just use BlackBerry device manager, it allows the phone drives to be mounted as seperate drives so I can transfer contents with less hassle and also create or delete folders.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 01:27 AM
    I dont use link,

I just use BlackBerry device manager, it allows the phone drives to be mounted as seperate drives so I can transfer contents with less hassle and also create or delete folders.

Posted via CB10
    How did you manage this, I think others would be interested as well.
    03-26-14 06:56 AM
    I agree...please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:00 AM
    I know XP is really old and will lose Microsoft support next month, but will Link allow me to access files on my laptop running XP?
    03-26-14 07:11 AM
    I know XP is really old and will lose Microsoft support next month, but will Link allow me to access files on my laptop running XP?
    Should be OK.
    Min requirements say WinXP SP3.
    System requirements: BlackBerry Link for Windows - User Guide - BlackBerry Link for Windows - 1.2.3
    03-26-14 08:28 AM
    How did you manage this, I think others would be interested as well.
    I agree...please let us know.Posted via CB10
    How I got it to work:
    Install BlackBerry LInk, Connect the BB10 device and set up the PC link and other stuff.
    In Link, click Preferences, upper right, and un-check all in General.
    Next while leaving Link running and the Device connected to your PC....
    Expand the icons in your PC system tray, the area on the lower right next to the clock.
    Look for an icon that looks like a desktop PC with a Blackberry in front of it, right click and choose Properties.
    Click the Options tab.
    Check "Start the Blackberry Device Manager on system startup"
    Check "Mount tablet volumes on connect", if you also want the BlackBerry "drives" to pop up, check "Launch File Explorer on volume mount"
    Click Apply and OK.

Shut down Blackberry Link and remove your device.

From this point on, anytime you plug your BlackBerry to the PC, after a few seconds the USB notifications will start and very shortly the BlackBerry's internal memory and SD card, if present, will show up as extra drives in your computer.
    This will only work on a PC you set up as above, any other PC you connect to you will need to turn on Mass Storage Mode on the BlackBerry for it to act as a USB drive.
    You can then use Windows Explorer to navigate around in the folders, move stuff on and off the BlackBerry, or delete stuff you no long want.
    If your on a PC with NTFS, you may get a security prompt when moving stuff on/off, it is normal and can be dismissed.
    Last edited by DaFoxGrey; 03-26-14 at 11:36 AM.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-26-14 08:42 AM
    Thanks for the post...very informative

Posted via CB10
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-26-14 11:23 AM
    DaFoxGrey, Thanks for your instructions, I learned something new.
    This is the spirit of the forum, I've copied it for my BlackBerry file.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    03-26-14 12:37 PM
    Link acting up again...taking forever to sync...

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:38 PM
    I use BES10 so link isn't required.

Backup of pics and video is via OneDrive; email, calendar and contacts are on an Exchange server.

For games and such, I'm not too much in to caring for save game data.

Z10 until Z30
    03-26-14 05:42 PM
    I used it all the time until it quit syncing with Outlook 2007! If they ever get it fixed I will again. Real bummer!
    03-26-14 07:04 PM
    How many people use BlackBerry Link?-img_00000047.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:37 AM
    How many people use BlackBerry Link?-img_00000017_edit.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000017_edit.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	264795

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:39 AM
    Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 12:40 AM
    How I got it to work:
    Install BlackBerry LInk, Connect the BB10 device and set up the PC link and other stuff.
    In Link, click Preferences, upper right, and un-check all in General.
    Next while leaving Link running and the Device connected to your PC....
    Expand the icons in your PC system tray, the area on the lower right next to the clock.
    Look for an icon that looks like a desktop PC with a Blackberry in front of it, right click and choose Properties.
    Click the Options tab.
    Check "Start the Blackberry Device Manager on system startup"
    Check "Mount tablet volumes on connect", if you also want the BlackBerry "drives" to pop up, check "Launch File Explorer on volume mount"
    Click Apply and OK.

Shut down Blackberry Link and remove your device.

From this point on, anytime you plug your BlackBerry to the PC, after a few seconds the USB notifications will start and very shortly the BlackBerry's internal memory and SD card, if present, will show up as extra drives in your computer.
    This will only work on a PC you set up as above, any other PC you connect to you will need to turn on Mass Storage Mode on the BlackBerry for it to act as a USB drive.
    You can then use Windows Explorer to navigate around in the folders, move stuff on and off the BlackBerry, or delete stuff you no long want.
    If your on a PC with NTFS, you may get a security prompt when moving stuff on/off, it is normal and can be dismissed.
    Thanks for the info, however how do you sync your contacts and calendar with your Outlook 2007/2010/2013 desktop client? When I plug my phone in to my PC, it actually opens up the different drives and I can see them in my windows explorer or in my computer. That is automatic whether Link is on or not as your phone, both internal and SD card become actual drives on your computer and you can move music, docs, pictures, etc around on it. But you still can't sync contacts and that is what those of us that are having issues need. If you can sync like this with Outlook, please post the steps for us. Thanks again for the informative post!
    04-22-14 06:17 PM
30 12