I keep getting the error "A modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again." on my mac when trying to tether. I have done a battery pull but it hasn't worked Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it? Im on Vodafone UK

Thanks
    08-20-09 04:29 PM
    I keep getting the error "A modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again." on my mac when trying to tether. I have done a battery pull but it hasn't worked Has anyone else had the same problem and fixed it? Im on Vodafone UK

Thanks
    We need more details about your set up. Phone, OS, Mac OS, Mac, and did you follow the set up instructions in the first post?
    08-22-09 02:11 PM
    I successfully get my MBP and Bold connected and the speed is quite acceptable.

What is the deal of the Tetherberry for Mac? What is the advantage over bluetooth connection?
    I am on 292 will this work? I get Verizon? I do not have the blackberry 3g cid?

I am on Rogers?

Pls help.

Thanks

Bold007
    08-24-09 05:16 PM
    I do not get "blackberry 3g cid1" on model? Mine has verizon ...pc?
    I downloaded script and unzip.
    put in library/scripts/folder action

Did I miss a step??

Please help.

Thanks.
    08-24-09 07:03 PM
    I did it with the pppd patch. Success. OS is on 292.

Thanks Guys. Rayford & Craig.

Bold007
    Last edited by bold007; 08-25-09 at 04:33 AM. Reason: found the answer
    08-24-09 09:22 PM
    I did it with the pppd patch. Success. OS is on 292.

Thanks Guys. Rayford & Craig.

Bold007

Just to confirm that you placed the scripts in the modem scripts folder correct?
    08-26-09 08:15 PM
    Just to confirm that you placed the scripts in the modem scripts folder correct?
    yes the modem scripts folder. I put it in the wrong folder earlier. I had to apply the pppd file also.

All is good now. Thanks again.

Bold007
    08-26-09 08:45 PM
    k perfect glad to hear it all worked out
    08-26-09 11:23 PM
    Thanks for wonderful tools; I have this working well on Curve/Sprint (and Bold/ATT).

One quick q: It seems like the modem script sets the serial port speed @ 460800, when 921600 is possible (and the highest serial port speed available). Might this create a bottleneck? And, is there a fix of the modem script to make it take advantage of the 921600 speed?

Thanks in advance.
    08-29-09 09:01 PM
    I have VZW and pay for my modem package. I have a Storm 9530 and a Macbook running Snow Leopard. (Keep in mind this worked while i was running Leopard 10.5 as well)

So, this definitely worked but i was still having timeout issues w/the bluetooth tethering so I started messing around of course.

I downloaded the latest version of VZ Access Manager for Mac (Verizon Wireless USB760 4.3.2) while i was in bluetooth mode. There was enough leeway for a midnight download w/o interruption or timeouts.

The problem w/VZAM is that it wont recognize the connected BB as anything except an extra drive when connected with the tethering cable. So i remembered that Pocket Mac does something funny when syncing. Some communication/traffic symbols appear on the BB. So after downloading and installing VZAM i connect the battery. I run the setup wizard (or it automatically does this for me) and at the point that i hit the "search for devices" section i run the sync for PocketMac. and Voila! it recognizes the connection as that of a data card and it goes through smoothly. it even updates the DUN settings in the network settings on my /mac all on its own.

so piggybacking off the syncing process for PocketMac I was able to get VZAM to work. It's awesome. there are no timeouts now and i can stay connected as long as i want. I can even text message w/o messing up my connection. If you take a call it will interrupt the session but that's a given. another cool thing is that in VZWs RevA covered areas i seriously peaked at like 3Mbps download speeds. no joke. i was trippin out when i was downloading some updates to some programs. but as stated before the standard dl speeds are a bit over 650kbps. i found it to work better than the bt tethering for me. you can even click the data usage buttons and get an update on your data usage for the month as well as the statistics button which is my favorite cuz it keep you on top your upload/download speeds!

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions on how to get this to work. i would have posted pictures, but as i'm connected right now i couldnt run the setup wizard to get some good screen shots. good luck!!
    08-30-09 04:32 PM
    Thanks for wonderful tools; I have this working well on Curve/Sprint (and Bold/ATT).

One quick q: It seems like the modem script sets the serial port speed @ 460800, when 921600 is possible (and the highest serial port speed available). Might this create a bottleneck? And, is there a fix of the modem script to make it take advantage of the 921600 speed?

Thanks in advance.
    I will look into it. I do not know how to create the modem scripts, but i will contact original creator and see if there was a limit placed on it.

If anyone knows how to create the modem scripts please contact me.
    08-30-09 05:49 PM
    I can not connect. I keep getting the negotiation error. I installed the PPPD replacement and still get the error.

I'm currently using 4.0.0.243 on a Bold
    MacBookPro 10.5.8

And I did follow all of the instructions in the first page. I download the modem script etc.

Any advice?
    08-31-09 05:06 PM
    Have you restarted your Mac?
    You are using the Bold 3G script?
    Install the PPPD patch again. Battery pull your Bold.
    08-31-09 07:46 PM
    Have you restarted your Mac?
    You are using the Bold 3G script?
    Install the PPPD patch again. Battery pull your Bold.
    I downloaded the modem scripted and moved the unzipped file to my library>modem script folder.

Installed the PPPD multiple times and battery pulled my bold and got nothing?

To clarify, I'm I suppose to install or re-configure anything on my bold? Because everything I have done so far has been to my mac?

Also I'm a AT&T customer and I want to make sure I've put in the correct log on info under my network:

Configuration: Default
    Telephone #: Mine own
    Account Name: WAP @cingulargprs.com (without the space)
    Password: CINGULAR1

Is this correct?

Also, once I configured my bold to connect to my mac via bluetooth, the connection doesn't seem to stay connected unless I perform a function. Meaning the status says I'm not connected to my BB, but when I try to sync or connect to the internet, the connection comes back? But only while performing the function and than disconnects, can that be the problem?
    08-31-09 09:08 PM
    I downloaded the modem scripted and moved the unzipped file to my library>modem script folder.

Installed the PPPD multiple times and battery pulled my bold and got nothing?

To clarify, I'm I suppose to install or re-configure anything on my bold? Because everything I have done so far has been to my mac?

Also I'm a AT&T customer and I want to make sure I've put in the correct log on info under my network:

Configuration: Default
    Telephone #: Mine own
    Account Name: WAP @cingulargprs.com (without the space)
    Password: CINGULAR1

Is this correct?

Also, once I configured my bold to connect to my mac via bluetooth, the connection doesn't seem to stay connected unless I perform a function. Meaning the status says I'm not connected to my BB, but when I try to sync or connect to the internet, the connection comes back? But only while performing the function and than disconnects, can that be the problem?
    Can you upgrade the BB OS? or are you sticking to your current version?

Under Network -Bluetooth what are the network settings for the bluetooth adapter.

Also did you set your APN settings on the blackberry? Settings > Advanced options > TCP/IP Set the settings to the same settings you used on the mac.
    08-31-09 09:17 PM
    Can you upgrade the BB OS? or are you sticking to your current version?

Under Network -Bluetooth what are the network settings for the bluetooth adapter.

Also did you set your APN settings on the blackberry? Settings > Advanced options > TCP/IP Set the settings to the same settings you used on the mac.
    I was using .282, but I seem to be getting better battery life with my current OS, but if you think that would be the problem I can try to switch back.

And as for the bluetooth setting, I hope you mean the serial ports?
    Protocol:Modem
    Service:Blackberry Desktop Service P:0x20......
    None of the boxes are checked
    and path: /dev/tty.My Name-BlackBerryD-1

And my BB have the proper settings to match my MAC

BTW thanx for the help/suggestions
    08-31-09 11:02 PM
    I was using .282, but I seem to be getting better battery life with my current OS, but if you think that would be the problem I can try to switch back.

And as for the bluetooth setting, I hope you mean the serial ports?
    Protocol:Modem
    Service:Blackberry Desktop Service P:0x20......
    None of the boxes are checked
    and path: /dev/tty.My Name-BlackBerryD-1

And my BB have the proper settings to match my MAC

BTW thanx for the help/suggestions
    No i mean you go to System Prefs -> Network ->Bluetooth

Inside the bluetooth options, make sure the settings are matching to those in the first post of this thread, and make sure your APN settings are correct.

Also if it is not a big deal for you. Upgrade to .282 and give it a try. Possible something is wrong with the OS you are using.
    08-31-09 11:05 PM
    "a network connection could not be established to the PPP"

Running Snow Leopard
    Script is in folder
    Blackberry bold on AT&T
    Using settings that someone posted earlier
    Did a battery pull on my Bold after all of this

Not sure if this matters or not but when I tried to install the PPPD package it gave me an error (dont think this matters since you said we dont need the patch for SL now).
    09-01-09 04:00 AM
    I am getting the same error as Mastercheif now that I upgraded to Snow Leopard. Everything was working great with Leopard for me with Verizon. Then I upgraded to Snow Leopard and I get the PPP error. Any ideas?
    09-01-09 06:20 AM
    I am getting the same error as Mastercheif now that I upgraded to Snow Leopard. Everything was working great with Leopard for me with Verizon. Then I upgraded to Snow Leopard and I get the PPP error. Any ideas?
    Exact Same Problem.. My adaptor now says Bluetooth DUN which it didn't before. The selection for the Verizon PC card Modem I was using before now seems to be gone with SL
    09-01-09 09:07 AM
    BB Bold with 282 OS on Snow Leopard is now tethering without needing the PPPD fix. The modem shows up as Bluetooth DUN

Happy!
    09-01-09 11:03 AM
    I really wanna get this working!
    09-01-09 11:23 AM
    BB Bold with 282 OS on Snow Leopard is now tethering without needing the PPPD fix. The modem shows up as Bluetooth DUN

Happy!
    Did you do anything special? What carrier? Help us out!!
    09-01-09 11:27 AM
    Did you do anything special? What carrier? Help us out!!

Did you upgrade or do a fresh install of SN?
    09-01-09 08:50 PM
    Just upgraded - how would I go about doing a fresh install??
    09-01-09 11:11 PM
191 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD