will this allow for bluetooth file transfers as well?
    07-27-09 07:33 PM
    will this allow for bluetooth file transfers as well?
    Does not have anything with BT file exchange.

This if just for modem mode on the BB
    07-27-09 07:40 PM
    @Rayford
    Hey Ray may i suggest that you edit your original post to add this simple fix it. I had a problem with tethering and from checking various forums i can safely say that it happens to some bb users but not to others. If you get this error messege:

"A modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again."

It can be frustrating because as i found out it may have nothing to do with your settings, basically the phone wants a reboot but will not tell you so. So before messing with the settings on your mac or BB i suggest people check to make sure they followed your instructions correctly, if everything is correct and you are still getting an error messege and you are absolutely sure all the information and settings are correct you need to do a battery pull. After which you should have a functioning tethered BB. There is even a tutorial on youtube with this same error messege popping up but the submitter does nothing to tell you how to fix it.
    Last edited by HisNameIsOpenSource; 07-28-09 at 01:49 PM.
    07-28-09 01:46 PM
    @Rayford
    Hey Ray may i suggest that you edit your original post to add this simple fix it. I had a problem with tethering and from checking various forums i can safely say that it happens to some bb users but not to others. If you get this error messege:

"A modem error occurred please verify your settings and try again."

It can be frustrating because as i found out it may have nothing to do with your settings, basically the phone wants a reboot but will not tell you so. So before messing with the settings on your mac or BB i suggest people check to make sure they followed your instructions correctly, if everything is correct and you are still getting an error messege and you are absolutely sure all the information and settings are correct you need to do a battery pull. After which you should have a functioning tethered BB. There is even a tutorial on youtube with this same error messege popping up but the submitter does nothing to tell you how to fix it.

Fixed/updated with info
    07-29-09 11:55 PM
    Has anyone had any success tethering a Tour with VZM and a mac?
    07-30-09 12:25 PM
    Yes I do it all the time and it works great. Look at the posts above I had a bit of a hang up but once I reset my bb everything worked perfectly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 01:44 PM
    Has anyone had any success tethering a Tour with VZM and a mac?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/how...-manager-7373/
    07-30-09 04:47 PM
    Quick question if anyone has an answer, i tried searching but came up short.
    Using TetherBerry, is it supposed to work on the Mac using the USB cable? I have a MacBook Pro. Both the GUI and the application on the BB say that the connection has been established, but i get no connectivity it seems, no packets sent or received or anything. Do you have to tether through BT? (havent tried yet)
    I have used it with my work laptop which is a windows machine, so I know how it should theoretically work.
    Thanks for any input anyone has...
    08-01-09 02:17 PM
    Quick question if anyone has an answer, i tried searching but came up short.
    Using TetherBerry, is it supposed to work on the Mac using the USB cable? I have a MacBook Pro. Both the GUI and the application on the BB say that the connection has been established, but i get no connectivity it seems, no packets sent or received or anything. Do you have to tether through BT? (havent tried yet)
    I have used it with my work laptop which is a windows machine, so I know how it should theoretically work.
    Thanks for any input anyone has...
    This thread is so people Do NOT have to pay or use tetherberry!!!!!!!!!
    Forget about tether berry and READ post #1 of this thread.
    08-02-09 10:49 AM
    You need to give more details about your problem.
    08-06-09 09:58 PM
    I successfully get my MBP and Bold connected and the speed is quite acceptable.

What is the deal of the Tetherberry for Mac? What is the advantage over bluetooth connection?
    08-07-09 01:13 AM
    I wonder if this works with a Verizon Storm? I'm gonna try later, thanks!
    08-07-09 01:29 PM
    I successfully get my MBP and Bold connected and the speed is quite acceptable.

What is the deal of the Tetherberry for Mac? What is the advantage over bluetooth connection?
    Tetherberry uses a slightly different protocol that is supposed to hide your usage and make it appear as though it is the phones browser that is being used and not the tether. But some people say it does not work, or it does not always work.

Tetherberry is currently only for USB tethering. But if you ask the average mac user, why in the world would you want to tether over usb if you can wireless tether. Some claim higher speeds. Answer to that is, you are on a WIRELESS connection on a mobile network. If 130kb/s over 3G is not fast enough for your.... GET A HOLD OF YOUR SELF! The other claim they make is that BT tether uses to much power. First yes would obviously use more power than USB tether, but is it not very much power it uses. You can get several hours of tether on a full charge. And if your BB battery is of such concern to you. Plug in the usb for charging. Will not kill you to tether over BT and charge of USB.
    08-07-09 02:30 PM
    I wonder if this works with a Verizon Storm? I'm gonna try later, thanks!
    Should work with the 8800 modem script. Let me know about your success.

Thanks
    08-07-09 02:32 PM
    after this process is Tethering Free? I have verizon on my Tour. Is verizon going to charge me for this feature?
    08-10-09 02:11 AM
    after this process is Tethering Free? I have verizon on my Tour. Is verizon going to charge me for this feature?
    Depends on your carrier. If your carrier charges for tethering than yes you can be charged. Verizon i think charges. But best way to tell is to tether and open the browser and do a few google searches and then wait till the end of the month and see if you get charged.
    08-10-09 10:26 PM
    If you use your phone as a modem, depending on your carrier they can and will charge you for tethering if they find out and especially if you are abusing it.

Just wanted to mention that my TetherBerry was not working with my MacBook Pro, but the new update fixed it and it's working now. Both of these methods are technically violating your TOS (with Verizon at least), so tether at your own risk!
    08-11-09 08:28 PM
    I made a PowerPC version of the patch, you can download from my iDisk: http ://homepage.mac.com/ark_el_sub_cxielarko/FileSharing2.html (File name: pppd_PPC.zip)
    08-12-09 03:47 PM
    I made a PowerPC version of the patch, you can download from my iDisk: http ://homepage.mac.com/ark_el_sub_cxielarko/FileSharing2.html (File name: pppd_PPC.zip)
    Can someone confirm this?

Thanks
    08-12-09 10:18 PM
    NOTE: Many people have read that Bluetooth tethering has not worked on blackberry since .194. With the latest PPPD patch for mac all new OS versions included the latest official .282 works with tethering. See FAQ section for PPPD patch
    Thanks..
    i finally managed to get tethering working on my mac

if anyone wish to have setting for Singapore Starhub APN, can kindly let me know.

i wish to share with the rest...
    08-14-09 12:52 PM
    Thanks..
    i finally managed to get tethering working on my mac

if anyone wish to have setting for Singapore Starhub APN, can kindly let me know.

i wish to share with the rest...
    Just post them now so anyone searching for them can get them right away.

Thanks
    08-15-09 08:13 PM
    lol i have a mac and never evem tried or thought about using my mac i dont know why call it a brain fart
    08-15-09 08:32 PM
    lol i have a mac and never evem tried or thought about using my mac i dont know why call it a brain fart

What are you talking about?
    08-15-09 08:38 PM
    snow leopard better work flawlessly with my bb. I am really anticipating syncing my bb with my mac. I hate that the Windows corporate suits had a monopoly on the bb line. We are people too! lol.
    08-17-09 06:56 PM
    snow leopard better work flawlessly with my bb. I am really anticipating syncing my bb with my mac. I hate that the Windows corporate suits had a monopoly on the bb line. We are people too! lol.
    what works flawlessly?
    08-19-09 10:52 PM
191 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD