I followed your directions and don't see a .cod file all I'm given is a 83XX.jad file...which doesn't seem to be compatible with my device.
    .jad files are for OTA downloads only. You need to go here - Want the new BBM on your Storm? Here it is!! - BlackberryOS.com - and download the .zip files to load this through DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 06:06 PM
    I followed your directions and don't see a .cod file all I'm given is a 83XX.jad file...which doesn't seem to be compatible with my device.
    You have downloaded the ota to your computer you need the .alx and .cod files not the .jad.. they should be in a zip folder..

Here is a link to a website hosting the zip folders..

Leaked: BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 For Many Devices! | BlackBerry Rocks!
    Last edited by emilybreanna; 07-21-09 at 06:14 PM.
    07-21-09 06:12 PM
    I get the "This applications is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    What OS are you running?
    07-21-09 06:16 PM
    For the computer illiterate is their an easier way to get this new messenger?
    07-21-09 07:12 PM
    For the computer illiterate is their an easier way to get this new messenger?
    Go to The BlackBerry Zone for the OTA link. Make sure you select the proper one. Also, know that there is a higher chance of completely losing BBM and all of your contacts this way if the download fails.

Do a back-up of your device before you attempt the download. If the download does fail, you will lose all of your contacts.

07-21-09 07:25 PM
    Are you on T-Mobile? You can go to T-Mobile BB Upgrade to download 4.5.081. On the page you will select your device, another page will pop up and you enter your phone number. The download page will come up - look for the OS version name and download. Once it is finished downloading, you want to open the file and run the installer.

I did it! Thanks! Seems to be working with no issues so far.
    07-21-09 08:19 PM
    I did it! Thanks! Seems to be working with no issues so far.
    You're welcome! I'm always happy to help.
    07-21-09 08:35 PM
    You're welcome! I'm always happy to help.
    *PROBLEM*
    Now when I connect to my PC via USB the PC doesn't recognize it. The charging indicator shows up really quick on the BB then it goes away. And I've tried 3 different USB cords.
    07-21-09 08:53 PM
    Was any VZW user running 4.5.0.160 Telus able to get BBM 5.0 instllaed?
    07-21-09 09:54 PM
    *PROBLEM*
    Now when I connect to my PC via USB the PC doesn't recognize it. The charging indicator shows up really quick on the BB then it goes away. And I've tried 3 different USB cords.
    You may need to reinstall the drivers. Do you have a USB port other than the one you normally use on your PC that you can plug it into? If you do, plug the cable into one of those.

I'm not near my PC right now, so I can't explain exactly how to uninstall and reinstall them at the moment, but I will be able to a little later.

07-21-09 10:45 PM
    I get the "This applications is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded" error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I am getting the same error! Im running OS .160
    HELP!!!
    07-21-09 11:09 PM
    You may need to reinstall the drivers. Do you have a USB port other than the one you normally use on your PC that you can plug it into? If you do, plug the cable into one of those.

I'm not near my PC right now, so I can't explain exactly how to uninstall and reinstall them at the moment, but I will be able to a little later.

lol, ok I'll just be waiting for you, since now one else seems to be able to help me
    07-21-09 11:30 PM
    lol, ok I'll just be waiting for you, since now one else seems to be able to help me
    Ok, I'm at my PC now.

First, what version of Windows is running on your PC?
    07-21-09 11:44 PM
    hi, need help! i'm only getting to your post now stating that BBM5 wont download on curve 8330 .77 OS- and yeah, my icon is gone but its still in my applications menu. i deleted it and tried downloading the old bbm but my contacts are still gone. i can have a conversation w a friend who accepts my recent friend request but their status will come up as "pending" i would love to have bbm5 but it looks like it won't happen until i upgrade my OS. can you help me get the old bbm back??
    07-21-09 11:54 PM
    Ok, I'm at my PC now.

First, what version of Windows is running on your PC?
    Thanks I got it and its working fine......... You did point me in the right direction, I went to the BB website and downloaded the drivers...... Your soooo helpful!
    07-22-09 12:16 AM
    hi, need help! i'm only getting to your post now stating that BBM5 wont download on curve 8330 .77 OS- and yeah, my icon is gone but its still in my applications menu. i deleted it and tried downloading the old bbm but my contacts are still gone. i can have a conversation w a friend who accepts my recent friend request but their status will come up as "pending" i would love to have bbm5 but it looks like it won't happen until i upgrade my OS. can you help me get the old bbm back??
    It sounds like you have the old BBM back already. If you are able to access the app and add new contacts, then you have it install on your phone.

But, if not... First of all, did you do a backup of your phone before installing BBM 5.0? If you didn't, or do not have a recent backup, you will not be able to restore your contacts. You may want to backup any contacts that you have added since reinstalling the old BBM (again, ).

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications and delete the current version of BBM. Go to this link - http://yourcbcfamily.org/bb/curvebbm/ -for the old Blackberry Messenger OTA download.

After you download this, connect the phone to your PC, run Desktop Manager and restore your most recent backup. It should restore your contacts.
    07-22-09 12:21 AM
    Thanks I got it and its working fine......... You did point me in the right direction, I went to the BB website and downloaded the drivers...... Your soooo helpful!
    Ok. You're welcome. Good to hear you got it working! Sorry it took a bit to get to the PC. I was out at the moment and didn't want to attempt explaining how to do it from memory and mess up somewhere.
    07-22-09 12:26 AM
    got it working on mine great the first time!!!!!
    07-22-09 03:41 AM
    this is my first time on crackberry... and yesterday i downloaded the bbm5.0 and it erased my old bbm... so how can i upgrade my os to get the bbm 5.0..
    07-22-09 11:58 AM
    someone please help!!! i need my bbm!!!!
    07-22-09 11:59 AM
    Read this forum.. I give the upgrade link earlier in the thread..

07-22-09 12:00 PM
    some of the ota's are back up i downloaded via ota on 1 last night and 1 this morn tiny.cc/83xxbb5
    07-22-09 01:31 PM
    mines doesnt say upgrade under it so what did i do wrong
    07-22-09 01:51 PM

if u ever need any help jus lemme kno or pm me and u see my pin number on my profile im always willing to help and that goes for anyone
    07-22-09 02:12 PM
    Read this forum.. I give the upgrade link earlier in the thread..

1st i installed this OTA with .160 and had a lot of problems as far as getting the D or R beside the messages. I downgraded to .138 and it did ok for a few hours then the same thing started all over. So i went back to the old BBM and vowed id wait it out for the official realease. Then i tried on last time using the method at the start of this thred. I must say i have had ZERO problems using this method!! Thanks Emily!!
    07-22-09 04:49 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD