It's a driver problem. Windows Blocks "unsigned drivers"
    to get around this problem in Windows 7 boot into "Advanced Boot Screen" scroll down to "Allow unsigned drivers."
    Reboot. To install BB LINK Properly.. Right click on the EXE file and click "Run as Administrator"

Windows 8 and 8.1 make it a bit harder but just follow the instructions on this link to solve your driver problems and install BB Link!

How to turn off or disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 8 and 8.1 [Guide] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech
    Superfly_FR and Paul Miller2 like this.
    01-09-14 06:14 AM
    That's weird, I didn't have the problem under my W8-64 I recently updated to 8.1.
    Nice share anyways, thanks !

P.S: I'd tend to turn it back ON aftewards ...
    01-09-14 06:22 AM
    interesting.

never had any issues with Link on my windows 7.

just double click and install. that's it.
    01-09-14 06:33 AM
    Yes! I agree. I personally never had any problems either, except with installing on 8.1

The people that DO have problems with this issue is usually caused because their systems are not up to date or there's a corrupt system driver or the biggest cause...
    Adware, malware and the such or they don't have the latest version of BB LINK.

There are many issues that could be the problem. I'm just dealing with one issue that is not as well known as some of the the others.

At any rate, While I'm glad to hear that people aren't having any problems installing BB LINK...
    This threat is for those folks that are having problems and i would ask that you all respect the nature of this thread!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-09-14 10:26 AM
    At any rate, While I'm glad to hear that people aren't having any problems installing BB LINK...
    This threat is for those folks that are having problems and i would ask that you all respect the nature of this thread!
    I do !
    But it is also important that folks are aware it is not a general situation and do not let open forever a security breach in their system.
    P.S: I'd tend to turn it back ON aftewards
    Cheers !
    SF
    01-09-14 01:08 PM
    It's a driver problem. Windows Blocks "unsigned drivers"
    to get around this problem in Windows 7 boot into "Advanced Boot Screen" scroll down to "Allow unsigned drivers."
    Reboot. To install BB LINK Properly.. Right click on the EXE file and click "Run as Administrator"

Windows 8 and 8.1 make it a bit harder but just follow the instructions on this link to solve your driver problems and install BB Link!

How to turn off or disable driver signature enforcement on Windows 8 and 8.1 [Guide] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTech
    Just the kind of half-assed way I have come to expect from BlackBerry. No Windows 8 driver signature but BB is an Enterprise play? LOL

EDIT: And it didn't work. :P
    01-11-14 11:50 PM
    Just the kind of half-assed way I have come to expect from BlackBerry. No Windows 8 driver signature but BB is an Enterprise play? LOL

EDIT: And it didn't work. :P
    Not sure what you guys are talking about ...
    I'm under W8.1 64bits with latest Link version.
    How to install bb link on windows 7,8 &8.1-capture.png
    My driver is signed.

I'd tend to uninstall any BlackBerry/RIM device driver in peripheral manager (do it when your device is plugged to USB and choose "remove device + delete drivers), then uninstall Link (and device desktop if any). Then unplug the device, go for a fresh install of Link with latest version (BlackBerry Link - BlackBerry 10 Smartphone to Computer Sync - US), reboot and only then plug your device back.

Sorry, it's not an extensive answer, just a simple one, as I don't get the "unsigned drivers" thing ... May be you could provide a screenshot with name/version of current device driver ?
    01-13-14 02:53 AM
    As I said, There are many issues that could be the problem. I'm just dealing with one issue that is not as well known as some of the the others.
    And, for the five people here that didn't have this problem.. there are no doubt 5 that did.

Try it.. or don't!

01-27-14 11:12 AM