I dropped my z10 in the ocean and despite my best efforts to save it (immediately tore it apart and left it to dry for 4 days), it's simply not working at all. I haven't gotten a new phone yet so this question is in part twofold.

One, if I get the Q10, can I transfer the z10 backup data onto it? If not, I have no problem getting another z10, AT&T just stopped offering it so I'll need to get it off of ebay or the like.

Two, how do I go about putting the backup data onto the new phone?

Thanks!
    12-26-14 03:05 PM
    One, if I get the Q10, can I transfer the z10 backup data onto it?
    Set up the same BlackBerry ID on the Q10 and you should be good to go.

How did you went about getting the data out of the phone? If you can LINK the two bits of info, you should be good to go.

Thanks!
    No probs.
    ItsLuKeK likes this.
    12-26-14 03:09 PM
    That all depends on whether or not the device is working or if you have a backup file. If you do, all you do is load the file onto your new device using Link.
    ItsLuKeK likes this.
    12-26-14 03:10 PM
    I figured since they both ran BB10 that would be the case but wasn't sure if since the back up was from a different device that would change anything.

I did the backup via Blackberry Link. What do you mean by linking the two bits of info?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!
    diegonei likes this.
    12-26-14 03:16 PM
    That all depends on whether or not the device is working or if you have a backup file. If you do, all you do is load the file onto your new device using Link.

OK. So once I plug the new device into my computer, I can simply choose to load the backup from the other device?
    12-26-14 03:17 PM
    I figured since they both ran BB10 that would be the case but wasn't sure if since the back up was from a different device that would change anything.

I did the backup via Blackberry Link. What do you mean by linking the two bits of info?

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!
    I thought that the bold, highlighted LINK worr would hint you to use BlackBerry Link. Good thing Bla1ze came to the rescue.

OK. So once I plug the new device into my computer, I can simply choose to load the backup from the other device?
    Do the setup and use the same BBID you used on the downed Z10 and yes, that's it.
    ItsLuKeK likes this.
    12-26-14 03:36 PM
    I thought that the bold, highlighted LINK worr would hint you to use BlackBerry Link. Good thing Bla1ze came to the rescue.

Do the setup and use the same BBID you used on the downed Z10 and yes, that's it.
    hah just wanted to make sure I was on the same page. Awesome. Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-26-14 06:05 PM