Firstly, I apologise if this is a repeat - I've tried searching and its either not there or I'm rubbish at searching!!

My wife's Pearl 8110 just died and she's been given a shiny new 8900 until she can upgrade to Bold 9700 at the beginning of Feb (so this is in prep for then too!)

I want to import the contacts from her 8110 to the 8900... is this doable? The Pearl is dead and buried and claimed by VF UK when the replacement was issued so I have no access to it.

I have a backup from when it died (attempted wipe etc to save it) so presumably contacts are on the backup.

My question is - can I get these to the Curve? or is it a joyous case of entering them all one by one? And therefore presumably the same prob when she gets her Bold?

I am thinking i will sync contacts to her Gmail after as a backup (must find a good guide for that!)... but can anything be done now?!?!
    01-15-10 11:03 AM
    you should be able to use the backup to get contacts back, next time don't send the dead phone back until you can use the device switch wizard
    01-15-10 01:09 PM
    yeah i realise that now, little so-n-so's didnt mention that...

will it work even tho its different phone and OS version?
    01-15-10 02:33 PM
    It should work, just do an advanced restore and just pull the address book.
    01-15-10 02:40 PM
    ah ok cool thanks guys
    01-15-10 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD