I would like to know how to get Desktop Manager to sync with my Mozilla Thunderbird contact list instead of my Outlook list.
    01-13-08 08:51 AM
    Is it 'really' suppose to work? Why not import contacts into Outlook, and then sync?
    01-13-08 11:06 AM
    See DM 4.3 Support List
    Last edited by GadgetGeek; 01-13-08 at 02:27 PM.
    01-13-08 11:19 AM
    I use Thunderbird for my email and address book. I use BB for email, calendar and tasks. I no longer use Outlook for any of this. The only thing it is used for is for sync'ing. I want to now sync and use Thunderbird for all of this. I looked at the link GG posted but found nothing. I looked at Thunderbird add-ons, and only found something for IMAP.
    01-13-08 12:21 PM
    Oopsie... I had posted wrong link Corrected above.
    01-13-08 02:29 PM
    You can't sync Thunderbird with blackberry, at least I have not found a way to do it, because its not a business application.
    01-13-08 02:57 PM
    Is it 'really' suppose to work? Why not import contacts into Outlook, and then sync?
    I'm sorry.. I tried this and what I got was duplicate contacts and a total of 850+ names, email addresses, and other "junk"! I had to "reformat" my 8800 and lost some software that I had downloaded (i.e. Garmin GPS).

I try to avoid using any syncing that "requires" the use of Microsoft with my BB8800 only because it seems to "take control" and messes up my phone!

Just my experience. If anyone has a way around it, please let me know as well!

Ron
    01-21-08 09:54 AM
    primosync has worked well for me, but since my recent phone update I can't seem to upload events from my phone to the google calender. Use the thunderbird addon for the google calender and all three work fairly well.
    01-21-09 09:47 AM
    Outlook slows the **** down out of my computer---hardly a business application--more like an hindrance to business. That's why we don't want to sync with that so called buiness app. It sucks!

Anybody have a better way to sync blackberry? This truly is the weakness of blackberry--it seems utterly dependent on sucky Outlook which slows work on my laptop big time and often.
    02-23-09 07:06 AM
    Outlook slows the **** down out of my computer---hardly a business application--more like an hindrance to business. That's why we don't want to sync with that so called buiness app. It sucks!

Anybody have a better way to sync blackberry? This truly is the weakness of blackberry--it seems utterly dependent on sucky Outlook which slows work on my laptop big time and often.
    BB syncs with Outlook because it is a business device, and contrary to your opinion, Outlook is the business standard for email.

It would be nice, however, if it would sync with Thunderbird as well, however.
    02-23-09 07:10 AM
    Outlook dogs my system down so bad I have quit using it also. I had switched to Thunderbird and find it much better for my business. With that said I, too, would like an option for syncing to Thunderbird. At the moment I am using ACT as a primary contact manager, although ACT is flaky on the mail app (hence Thunderbird), and syncing to the BlackBerry using a third party application.
    08-26-09 10:53 AM
    There's a way to do it. I read it somewhere in the Tips and Tricks Thread for the 8130. You have to install a couple add ons to Thunderbird and use Google Sync on your phone.
    08-26-09 06:13 PM
    Try this...

Give up on using Thunderbird for anything but an outgoing e-mail client when you click on some e-mail link online or within an e-mail or pdf file or something.

I thought I really "needed" to have Thunderbird synched with my Blackberry Tour, but that was just because of old habits with Outlook. Once I really began to use Google's gmail and Google's Blackberry Synch app for Blackberry, I never even once thought about working with Thunderbird, Outlook, or any other desktop e-mail client again. Google gmail is great! I didn't realize that until weeks after I made the switch, I sort of thought hmm isn't that interesting, why, I thought, was I so concerned with synching. Give it up.

I've never been happier switching software than with this. I quit Outlook, I quit Microsoft Office, and am using OpenOffice.org for my basic needs. I did this because with my new computer I needed to pay fees to Microsoft for these programs and I just didn't want to do it. I am really happy now.
    11-19-09 07:14 PM
    I use Zindus add-on for Thunderbird to sync my GMail contacts to Thunderbird and then I use Google Sync to sync whatever device I'm using to Gmail. So if I edit or add a new contact on either the phone or Thunderbird, it syncs up with Google's "Cloud" and then from the "Cloud" back down to the other end. Works like a champ.

Been doing this for nearly a year now and has never let me down no matter what device I use.
    12-13-09 05:49 PM
    Worked like a charm and now I really can kiss Outlook goodbye.
    Thunderbird<>Zindus <>Google<>Blackberry Bold.

BTW
    >Give up on using Thunderbird for anything but an outgoing e-mail client

WHY?
    12-28-09 11:15 AM
    I would like to know how to get Desktop Manager to sync with my Mozilla Thunderbird contact list instead of my Outlook list.
    I have a Bold 9700 running on the Bell network. I switched from Outlook to Thunderbird and have never looked back. I used to use Outlook 2000 on XP but am now running Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2000 no longer works. For a while I was running Outlook on XP on a virtual machine but found copying and pasting to Outlook from Thunderbird and then syncing was a pain and now Desktop Manager 6 that I need for the Bold doesn't support Outlook 2000 anyway so I had to find another solution.

The solution is relatively painless, works great for contacts only on Windows Vista or 7 and was very quick. For me the calendar doesn't matter as much anyway so here you go:

(1) Export Thunderbird address book to a file in LDIF format
    (2) Go to Windows Contacts folder under C:\Users\YourUserName\Contacts
    (3) Select import and choose LDIF format
    (4) Run BlackBerry Desktop Manager, setup sync options and perform sync

Mine worked flawlessly with all fields properly mapped and it was quick too!
    To make it even quicker I have created another folder call 'Sync' under Thunderbird Address Book and all I do is drag the Contact that I am about to modify into the Sync folder and then just export that folder to Windows Contacts and perform sync.
    You will notice that the Windows Contacts creates a .contact file for each Contact so you can leave them there as a backup or clean them out after use.

Hope this helps.
    09-01-10 04:15 PM
    Maybe this will help.

http://www.technipages.com/copy-blackberry-contacts-to-android.html| Technipages

Worked for me in less than a minute.

You could also check out this link as well after you have finished with the link above.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/thu...ogle-contacts/

Good Luck

RJ
    08-02-11 12:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD