I am running Desktop Manager 5.0.1 on Windows 7. When running DM and you go to App Loader then Add/Remove Apps a complete list of every single app that has ever been installed on your phone appears. Some Apps appear multiple times if you have shrunk your OS or installed an App on your phone to try then deleted it from the phone, but yet appears in the Add/Remove App screen on DM.

HOw can this screen be cleaned up so that the duplicates or unwanted Apps no longer appear in the list? When you put a check in the box and it says remove it is only removing it from the phone even if it is not on the phone, but does not remove it from the list itself, and always remains.

The list eventually gets to be way to long when you are reinstalling Apps that are no longer used or what not.

Thank you for the assistance.
    11-17-09 08:25 AM
    I'm curious to find this out, too. It has to be stored somewhere locally on the computer as there are programs in the list that I installed on my Curve... two devices ago.

I'm heading off to bed, but I wonder if an uninstall and re-install of the Desktop Manager would do it?

edit: Nothing like posting a question to help you find your answer. Highlighting the entry and then right-clicking brings up a menu option allowing you to delete it.

I know I had tried right-clicking before, but I must not have had the item highlighted first.
    Last edited by hornakapopolis; 12-04-09 at 09:02 PM.
    12-04-09 08:59 PM
    I was looking for this but didn't find it, you have to delete the alx file that desktop manager loads. in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.307_P4.0.0.248
    Make sure desktop mamager is closed, when your doing this, then reopen DM and connect your phone, what you should see now are only the files on your phone, now you can follow the backup 3rd party apps, if your running windows 7 that folder should be in here. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp
    when i enterd my pin to search for it that took very long and was never really found dont know why, but if you search for your pin when switching devices you should find the folder here, delete any older folders before you decide to switch and backup.
    I had to figure this out on my own, and i have try the google thing but all i get is how to delete files from off the berry. google never worked for me thou so in not surprised.
    01-18-10 08:54 AM
    I was looking for this but didn't find it, you have to delete the alx file that desktop manager loads. in your C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9000-v4.6.0.307_P4.0.0.248
    Make sure desktop mamager is closed, when your doing this, then reopen DM and connect your phone, what you should see now are only the files on your phone, now you can follow the backup 3rd party apps, if your running windows 7 that folder should be in here. C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp
    when i enterd my pin to search for it that took very long and was never really found dont know why, but if you search for your pin when switching devices you should find the folder here, delete any older folders before you decide to switch and backup.
    I had to figure this out on my own, and i have try the google thing but all i get is how to delete files from off the berry. google never worked for me thou so in not surprised.
    can you be more specific on which .alx file?
    01-18-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD