This has probably been asked in the past....but how can I remove DM with media manager (i.e. with Roxio) from my XP computer so that I can then download and install DM without media manager? Roxio has given me nothing but headaches, with constant attempts to have Windows Installer configure it....and I really don't use Roxio anyway. I just use DM to syncronize my Outlook to my BB Storm. I can transfer .doc, .xls, and .jpg files into and out of my Storm without media manager. But there is no Add/Remove option for Desktop Manager. Thanks in advance for a step by step way to remove DM.
    02-03-10 09:11 PM
    Go into Windows Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, and select Desktop Manager there. Then remove it.
    02-03-10 10:35 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I just didn't look hard enough in Add/Remove Programs. I now find "BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.0.1, 71.77 MB." I will remove it this weekend, remove all deleted files and defrag my hard drive, and then install the "without media manager" version. I assume when logged into the blackberry.com web site, I just download the latest DM without media manager version, and then "Run" i.e. not "Save" it....and it will put in in the correct location on my hard drive. Right? If I'm having trouble with Roxio, and don't use it anyway, do you agree that I'm doing the right thing? All I use DM for is to sync up Outlook and my BB Storm. Thanks again.
    02-04-10 09:34 AM
    It's not necessary to defrag your drive, but it won't hurt anything. I always Save the download to my downloads folder, then run it from there. "Run" from the website probably works just as well, but I've never tried it. Roxio has caused a lot of problems in the past. I use the English-only, no-media version of DM. It's a much smaller download.
    02-04-10 11:27 AM
    All went well with removal of DM with media manager and replacement with DM without media manager. Turned out my original problem would have likely been resolved only by downloading and using Windows Installer Clean Up Utility Pack to delete Roxio Media Manager 9.4.067 installer files, which I still had to do even after the DM removal. But I'm still glad I removed DM w/MM. Thanks again for monitoring this forum. CrackBerry Rocks!
    02-07-10 05:51 PM
    Please let me know why I might be having trouble with my desktop manager after I installed the upgraded version of 5.0 last week. My desktop manager refuses to show my phone connected. I've unloaded and reloaded the desktop manager twice using version 5.0.1. Any suggestions?
    02-16-10 08:33 PM
    Go into Windows Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, and select Desktop Manager there. Then remove it.
    I have tried this a million times but it says the program is trying to install and wiil not let me do amything but cancel> I do not understand why this is happening. IT WILL NOT LET ME REMOVE IT NO MATTER WHAT!
    03-07-10 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD