My wife's computer is low on memory and when I tried to install the software, it says there isn't enough room for it. She has an external drive with plenty of room on it, but there is no option to change the drive that it installs to.

Instead of clicking "open", I tried to save it to the Ex drive. It saved it there, but it still installs to the C drive.

is there a way to install to the ex drive?

Thanks.
    10-06-08 02:49 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

This is a job for Custom Install.

One of the options should be the drive location.

I can not verify that just now, Install recognizes it has been installed and passes over Custom.
    10-06-08 02:53 PM
    I dl'ed from the website because the disk is an older version. it didn't give an option for custom. I'll try from the disk and see if it does
    10-06-08 03:00 PM
    hmmm...I think I got it that time. I still got a message that there wan't enough space, but the icon was on the desktop and when I clicked "properties" it was showing that it was on the "G"drive.

Thanks for the help though.
    10-06-08 03:17 PM
    Got here late, but maybe move some other files to the ext drive next time to make room.

and Reed, LMAO, "This is a job for Custom install"!! That's too funny! I'm looking for a little cape tied around the install program's neck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 10-06-08 at 03:53 PM.
    10-06-08 03:51 PM
    Got here late, but maybe move some other files to the ext drive next time to make room.

and Reed, LMAO, "This is a job for Custom install"!! That's too funny! I'm looking for a little cape tied around the install program's neck.

She has an older desktop and it's like 18 gig or something like that. She has moved most things to her external drive with the exception of her itunes. She is afraid of losing all of her filepaths, playlists and other settings if she moves it.
    10-06-08 04:00 PM
    I don't blame her. 18 gig is pretty small nowadays. Can it even run xp, haha? When is her birthday, lol?

I have a question -- nothing big, and I'm just curious. It installed to her G drive. I'm assuming that's the name assigned to her external drive. My notebook sees my berry as G drive when I plug it in. What drive letter does her computer see her berry as and is there any conflict?

10-06-08 04:30 PM
    ...and Reed, LMAO, "This is a job for Custom install"!! That's too funny! I'm looking for a little cape tied around the install program's neck.

I wondered if any old timers would remember that line from DC Comics.

This is a job of Superman!
    10-06-08 04:35 PM
    I don't blame her. 18 gig is pretty small nowadays. Can it even run xp, haha? When is her birthday, lol?

I have a question -- nothing big, and I'm just curious. It installed to her G drive. I'm assuming that's the name assigned to her external drive. My notebook sees my berry as G drive when I plug it in. What drive letter does her computer see her berry as and is there any conflict?

I'm not answering for him (well, I guess in a way I am!), but your computer should assign a different drive letter for each device that you connect to it (although, on occasion I've had it use the same drive letter for two different flash drives, if they're not connected at the same time).
    10-06-08 04:53 PM

I'm thinking I'll probably get her a new computer this week sometime. We have been talking about it for a while, but she never found anything she liked. Any suggestions

With the BB connectd, it was showing as "E" drive

I did try to dl the newer software version from the website. It doesn't give me the option of where to install it. It goes through the process and then gives a dialog box that reads that the fiel path was denied or something to that effect.
    Last edited by Leroy T; 10-06-08 at 07:41 PM.
    10-06-08 07:39 PM
    I wondered about the drive because I had to map out another drive for my berry on my work computer, lol. It was a pain because I had no idea how to do it and had to use windows help. You know how frustrating that is!

I bought a notebook for my home computer. I know you can get a bit more for less with a desktop model, but I really liked the flexibility of the laptop -- and how easy it is to use with my WiFi network. Plus I can take it on the road and keep up with work, ugh, while travelling.

10-06-08 08:19 PM
    In our discussions on whether to buy a new one or not, we did talk about laptop/desktop. She says she wants a desktop for whatever reason. I guess she wants the best she can get for the money. I have a good laptop and she has an older one so we do have some mobility
    10-06-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD