whats the way to backup 3rd party apps using dm 6? i know u cant do it through the program itself so how is it done?
    08-15-10 12:01 AM
    Perhaps you just need to start using BBSAK?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 12:22 AM
    whats the way to backup 3rd party apps using dm 6? i know u cant do it through the program itself so how is it done?
    You can do it the same, 'hackish' way as DM5.

Initiate a device upgrade, mid-way seek the COD files & ALX file in %Temp%\#PIN#.
    08-15-10 01:11 PM
    OK, I followed the old DM instructions and did the device upgrade steps, then copied my ALX and folder to my desktop. Reinstalled my OS on the 9530 but DM6 won't import my ALX or my CODs. So, right now the only apps I've reinstalled are those that were desktop installs to begin with or ones that I purchased through the CB App store and thus, were made available again to me via OTA through the App Store.

Thanks goodness for the CB App Store or I'd be looking at virtually no programs reinstalled!

So, how do we get the backed up Apps back into DM6?
    08-15-10 06:28 PM
    Perhaps you just need to start using BBSAK?

tried using bbsak took forever and then the program froze up and the bar was at the end so i wasnt sure if it was backed up or not since i never got a message saying it was.
    08-15-10 10:26 PM
    I did a backup of 3rd party apps today from my Torch 9800 using DM 6 and the old "switch device" method. Oddly, the resultant alx and cods only included two of my five 3rd party apps. I ended up using bbsak.

08-21-10 09:01 PM
    so whats the best way besides using BBSAK cuz the program freezes and doesnt even tell me when its done backing up and i know it isnt my computer since thats brand new
    08-28-10 08:02 PM
    so whats the best way besides using BBSAK cuz the program freezes and doesnt even tell me when its done backing up and i know it isnt my computer since thats brand new
    BBSAK worked fine for me, I suspect it's your computer running too many operations at once or it's really old.
    08-30-10 02:31 PM
    no my computers only 2 years old but nevermind found another program that does it for me its called blackberry master control program. a bit challenging to use at first but it does the job.
    08-30-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD