last time I backed up my tour and tried to restore my 3rd partys apps where not there, had to redownload and install them. Someone said I missed the "third party app" step, where is this?

I know how to backup them in bbsak but want to do 1 step with DM.
    03-23-10 08:39 PM
    I don't believe there is a way to back up 3rd party apps. I can't believe RIM hasn't evolved DM enough to do a complete backup. I just replaced my Storm2 and it took at least 9 hours to get everything reinstalled and configured. Windows Mobile offers a backup app that would backup "everything" to an SD card. Nice if you are in a hotel and made alot of appointments that day. Could also restore 3rd party apps.
    03-23-10 08:53 PM
    try BBSAK (BB Swiss Army knife) from rimgeeks.com
    RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0
    very easy to use and works great.
    03-23-10 09:11 PM
    There is a well-documented workaround that uses the Desktop Manager switch device wizard. I've done it to back up successfully although haven't tried a restore. See this thread for details. The key is not cancelling the process until you've located the temp folder, and also making sure to search hidden files and folders.
    03-26-10 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD