Hi would really appreciate some help!

My 9780 Bold has just sufferred the white screen of death and i am trying to restore a back up to a temporary phone until i can get the broken one fixed.

I managed to back up all data to the desktop manager after the WSOD occurred it took ages as i couldnt see what was on the screen, but by randomly pressing buttons i managed it! However the only option i can see to restore this is to switch phone and i need to plug in the broken phone - it also appears i will need to make particular selections, which i cant do as cant see the screen!

In basic terms i am asking how do i restore the backup to a different phone without having to plug in the current broken one.

Broken phone: 9780 Bold
    Temporary Phone:9700 Bold
    Desktop manager: 6.1.0.36

Thanks for any information

Lucy
    05-29-12 04:52 AM
    Open Desktop with the working phone connected, File, Restore, then select the backup you want.
    05-29-12 06:17 AM
    The easiest workaround would be to use a backup extractor app that would allow you to extract data from the backup to your computer. Transferring the files back to your temporary phone should be easy. This should guide you on how to extract the IPD or BBB files.
    06-06-12 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD