My work Blackberry is on BES and I use Desktop Manager 4.6, configured to support Exchange Server. I am hoping to get a new Blackberry soon for personal use with BIS and would like to have both Blackberries able to sync with the same Desktop Manager on the same computer; however, I do not want to have the IT Policy from my BES installed on my personal Blackberry. Any way to avoid this?
    10-05-08 01:42 AM
    I have not tried what you are planning to do, so I cannot be certain, but it seems plausible that if you do not activate your personal BlackBerry on the Enterprise, that you should not get the IT Policy pushed. On the other hand, if the Desktop Manager you're synching to synchs to Outlook which is connected to the Exchange Server, and you don't activate your BlackBerry on the Enterprise, there may not be anything available to synch to.

Since removing an IT Policy can be quite difficult, I'd suggest contacting your IT department to explain what you want to do and get their assurance that there won't be an IT Policy issue.
    10-05-08 05:13 PM
    I have not tried what you are planning to do, so I cannot be certain, but it seems plausible that if you do not activate your personal BlackBerry on the Enterprise, that you should not get the IT Policy pushed. On the other hand, if the Desktop Manager you're synching to synchs to Outlook which is connected to the Exchange Server, and you don't activate your BlackBerry on the Enterprise, there may not be anything available to synch to.

Since removing an IT Policy can be quite difficult, I'd suggest contacting your IT department to explain what you want to do and get their assurance that there won't be an IT Policy issue.
    It seems unclear what Desktop Manager's default role with IT Policy is. I always thought the only way to get an IT Policy on a device was via an Enterprise Activation; however, from reading the "How to remove an IT Policy" threads, Desktop Manager is used to force the policy.bin IT Policy to the device. Does Desktop Manager force the IT Policy by default, or is it necessary to make a registry edit of the Policy Manager?
    10-05-08 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD