Hi,

I have a BB curve 8310 and I've been able to separate my email and sms messages. When I did that, an icon showed up on my desktop which took me directly to the sms inbox.

However, I'm trying to do that on my friends new pearl. I got the messages separated and I see the message indicator at the top of the screen, however, the icon never showed up on the desktop and I have to go this long winded route to get to the new sms message.

I've searched the forum's here and see that a few people have had this problem, but haven't seen anything clear about adding a new icon. I'm new to BB as well, so is it possible to just create an icon out of thin air and assign a task to it?
    06-19-08 11:05 AM
    On your home screen try pressing the menu button and selecting show all. If it appears then highlight the icon and press the menu button again and unselect hide.
    06-19-08 11:47 AM
    Open your e-mail, push menue, scroll to option,enter general option, go to sms and email inboxes, select "Separate", exit amd save.
    You will see the SMS MMS icon at your "desk top" / Home menue.

Love you all, Ymeir.
    07-26-09 09:48 PM
    wow,a good fix on the 8900 Curve too!! thanks!!
    06-01-10 06:35 PM
    this will be a good fix for my ex's phone seeing as mine was separate but his isnt which drives him nuts......LOL
    06-05-10 04:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD