Hello,

my Blackberry got stolen, however I backed up all my data on the BB desktop manager. Now I would like to access the data saved without my device (or any BB device as I don't have one), but I have no idea how to do it? I would like to have a look at my contacts as I obviously need some numbers. Is it possible to access/download/export data on the BB desktop manager with a BB device?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    05-23-11 05:22 AM
    You need an IPD reader software on your computer. Google that and you will find some options.
    Shakala likes this.
    05-23-11 06:54 AM
    Hello,

my Blackberry got stolen, however I backed up all my data on the BB desktop manager. Now I would like to access the data saved without my device (or any BB device as I don't have one), but I have no idea how to do it? I would like to have a look at my contacts as I obviously need some numbers. Is it possible to access/download/export data on the BB desktop manager with a BB device?

Thanks a lot for your help!
    Just out of curiosity, weren't you syncing your BB with something like Outlook or GMAIL?
    05-23-11 07:18 AM
    Nope, unfortunately I haven't sync'ed my Desktop Manager with anything as I did not know that u can do this.... :-(
    05-24-11 03:40 AM
    You need an IPD reader software on your computer. Google that and you will find some options.
    I tried to google an IPD reader software version for MAC, but couldn't find any. Do you know where I can find one for my Macbook and preferable a free download?

Thanks a lot!
    05-24-11 04:40 AM
    Well, your OP didn't say anything about a MAC.

I don't think there is one. You need to get access to a PC running Windows.
    05-24-11 06:53 AM
    Out of luck on the MAC, Mama has it right, copy files and find a PC running windows no matter how bad it hurts!
    05-24-11 07:29 AM
    Sorry, but I am not really a computer freak. Accessing a windows computer won't be a problem as I have both. However how can I copy datas which I cannot access. If I would install the Blackberry Manager on my Windows how do I get the data on the computer as well, as I do not have the device anymore?

Thanks a lot!
    05-24-11 04:36 PM
    What format is the backup file that you have on your Mac?

If it's not in the .IPD format (eg if the BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac saves it in a different format), you probably will not be able to view it.
    Shakala likes this.
    05-24-11 06:24 PM
    Sorry, but I am not really a computer freak. Accessing a windows computer won't be a problem as I have both. However how can I copy datas which I cannot access. If I would install the Blackberry Manager on my Windows how do I get the data on the computer as well, as I do not have the device anymore?

Thanks a lot!
    If you have the .ipd backup file it can be opened using Windows, and you can access your contacts to view or copy manually. One of the other moderators recently found MagicBerry Blackberry IPD Editor and Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Downloads which worked for me when I tested it.
    Shakala likes this.
    05-24-11 08:10 PM
    The document format my Blackberry Desktop Manager has saved the backup's in is "BlackBerry Bold (20D5184C) (2009-12-21) - (Auto).bbb". Is this a .ipd format? Or can I convert it in a .ipd format?
    05-25-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD