Y wont my desktop manager(5.0) reckognize the 5.0.0.0.190 aftr I downloaded i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 01:55 PM
    Y wont my desktop manager(5.0) reckognize the 5.0.0.0.190 aftr I downloaded i

First, go back to a reliable DM like 4.6. Next and most importantly:

STOP TRYING TO USE BETA SOFTWARE.

Learn how to use your phone first.

You have 9 posts, are apparently new to this, and you're trying to install a BETA OS. Knock it off and use an official OS.
    08-27-09 02:02 PM
    First, go back to a reliable DM like 4.6.
    Sorry - Not trying to hijack a thread but what makes DM 5.0 unreliable? I have been using it since I was prompted to update when I opened DM on my computer & I haven't encountered any problems.

I've seen the comment that DM 5.0 is unstable a few times now & I was wondering in what way? Any info that could be given on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by melh72; 08-27-09 at 02:15 PM.
    08-27-09 02:11 PM
    A good start is to read some upgrade procedures... like in the Blackberry 101 lesson located under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page, plus a link in my signature... then look at the Upgrade/Downgrade Procedures link in my signature below also.

And yes, get to know your device before you try upgrading your OS... BETA OS version are BETA for a reason... and right now most apps will not work on these BETA OS versions.
    08-27-09 02:11 PM
    First, go back to a reliable DM like 4.6. Next and most importantly:

STOP TRYING TO USE BETA SOFTWARE.

Learn how to use your phone first.

You have 9 posts, are apparently new to this, and you're trying to install a BETA OS. Knock it off and use an official OS.

Correction! I kno and understand my berry very much so......I am not as my profile seems...3rd berry and only
    Blackberry and I understand fully......I DON'T ASK QUESTIONS cause I have annswers....but from time to time jus like the rest of us I have a question.......
    I kno the risk of beta os....and I RESERVE THE RIGHT

08-27-09 02:13 PM
    Correction! I kno and understand my berry very much so......I am not as my profile seems...3rd berry and only
    Blackberry and I understand fully......I DON'T ASK QUESTIONS cause I have annswers....but from time to time jus like the rest of us I have a question.......
    I kno the risk of beta os....and I RESERVE THE RIGHT

*** Small Golf Clap ***

Very good, then you've attempted to use the App Loader.exe upgrade method???
    08-27-09 02:16 PM
    I've been to Blackbery Help and I went thru the necessary steps and here is where I found my problem....

Offended by underestimaters!!!!!

08-27-09 02:17 PM
    Yes I installed and opened app loader--browsed loaded and it said the OS wasn't compatible.....and I tried to upgrade software and it wouldn't even appear

08-27-09 02:20 PM
    I've been to Blackbery Help and I went thru the necessary steps and here is where I found my problem....

Offended by underestimaters!!!!!

Attitude is not helping!!! What is your problem??? Have you tried the App Loader method yet???
    08-27-09 02:22 PM
    No problem, no attitude at all plz...don't mistake mah sarcarism for anger

08-27-09 02:24 PM
    No problem, no attitude at all plz...don't mistake mah sarcarism for anger

08-27-09 02:27 PM
    Everyone calm down. Haha.

I had the same problem as OP and solved it by using CrackMem to wipe the device and installed it from there.
    08-27-09 02:29 PM
    So are you still having issues? Have you tried the App Loader.exe method??????
    08-27-09 02:34 PM
    DM 5.0 is fine.
    Last edited by lazerus; 08-27-09 at 02:50 PM.
    08-27-09 02:36 PM
    Yea...I'm gonna delete and re-download the OS and if not Ill let it marinate for a few...thx ya help is appreciated

08-27-09 02:37 PM
    Use crackmem to wipe your phone without an OS
    08-27-09 02:39 PM
    That's the last time I suggest anything on this thread... I hate trying to make suggestions a number of times and still not hear that you even tried to do it... hope you fix your problem.
    08-27-09 02:41 PM
    Unplug your computer from the internet. Then run DM, that should let you install os 5.0. I read somewhere one the forums that you have to do that occasionally with DM 5.0. It has something to do with the auto update I believe.

08-27-09 02:44 PM
    Fatboy97 I tried and it didn't work.....thx

08-27-09 02:50 PM
    That's the last time I suggest anything on this thread... I hate trying to make suggestions a number of times and still not hear that you even tried to do it... hope you fix your problem.
    These people are getting freakin ridiculous. I'm getting sick of it myself fatboy. All these new members posting cr@p about 5.0 and then wanting help, and trying to hack BBM 5 into OS 5 which has already been stated to cause problems. People just don't listen anymore.
    08-27-09 02:57 PM
    08-27-09 03:06 PM
    LOL...smh

08-27-09 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD