I just got my replacement Torch 9800 since my first one the battery was drainning (apparently a common issue).

Before I returned my old Torch 9800 I backed it up and also used the switch device option on the desktop manager. When it asked me to plug in the new device, I disconnected the old device, took it to the orange shop and then plugged in my new device.

Then An error occured and asked me to update the sofware on the new device. I did it.... and then when I use switch devices it asks me to plug the current device but the problem is.. I dont have the device anymore!!!!!

Since I backed all the data up, I did a restore. It restored most of the data but it did not restore my apps.

Any idea on how I can do it?

Hopefully it is worth all this.. .and that I get a better battery life this time!
    04-01-11 10:40 AM
    I don't think DM backs up your apps unless you do something different with it. You can always reinstall your apps.
    04-01-11 10:43 AM
    When I first switched from my BB curve to the first Torch 9800 and I used the switch device option on DM and it transferred everything over, including apps. (I had the bb curve with me when I was doing it). It was actually quite nice since it transferred all my whatsapp contacts even on a different number.
    04-01-11 10:51 AM
    If you can't get it to tranfer your apps, log-in to bb app world. Once you refresh the list, just re-download them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-11 11:06 AM
    When I was switching phones and moving data from my old phone to my new. My contacts didn't transfer. Does anyone know how I can get them back?
    11-09-11 05:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD