Hi

I have a mac and have downloaded the most recent version of desktop manager but cannot see Roxio media manager anywhere and under 'media' on the desktop manager I don't get the option of photos and videos, just music. I want to transfer some photos onto the phone but am stuck as it doesn't want to accept them via bluetooth either.

I have the 8900. Any help greatly appreciated as this is only week 2 with the phone!

Thanks
    Corinna
    01-25-10 12:35 PM
    Don't bother with DM or Media when using a Mac.

Simply set your Media card to enable Mass Storage on the phone. Options>Memory>Mass Storage "ON" and "prompt" when connected.

Your media card will then show as a drive on the desktop and you can simply drag and drop to and from the Mac to the card.

It does help if you format the card ON THE PHONE so that the file structure is viewable on the phone afterwards.
    01-25-10 02:24 PM
    Thanks for that, am doing it now. Much appreciated!
    01-25-10 02:33 PM
    Very informative!
    01-25-10 02:38 PM
    Thanks for that, am doing it now. Much appreciated!
    Glad it helped!

I have over 8GB of movies and albums etc on my phone and I always just drag and drop into the appropriate folder. Sure beats using a 3rd party app!

Another hint: Set the camera to store the pictures you take ON THE MEDIA CARD. Then it's easy to just drag them into iPhoto when you connect the phone to the Mac.
    01-25-10 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD