I have the Storm 9530. I downloaded the update from the old desktop manager. I connected my phone and it just sits there at the connect your device screen. The phone is recognized by my computer. I completely removed all desktop managers and d/led 6 from Blackberry. Still the same thing. I updated the USB from Blackberry and still the same thing. I even tried a battery pull. Is 6 just not compatable with the 9530 or is there something I'm missing? Thank you for any help.
    08-15-10 12:34 PM
    I'm having the same issue w. my Storm 9550...
    08-16-10 08:56 PM
    When you did your uninstall did you also remove the "c:\program files\research in motion" folder? You have to delete that manually after an uninstall - that cured all the oddities I was having.
    08-17-10 06:33 AM
    Just tried that. Completely removed DM 6 and that file, redownloaded and installed DM 6 and still just at the connect your Blackberry device. Did you get it to work with a 9530?
    08-17-10 10:11 AM
    I am also experiencing the exact same problem.
    Using Bold9000
    Windows XP sp3

and whenever i try to close the DM it doesnt close. i have to manually go into task manager to end task. This is getting really frustrating. i did everything that blackberry suggested a clean uninstallation and everything.
    08-17-10 09:14 PM
    Mine has to be closed by using task manager also. Has anyone got it to work with the 9530?
    08-19-10 07:41 PM
    This problem is experienced by quite a few users but sadly there still is no solution to it...blackberry support also has no answers. looks like we have to switch back to DM5. i now wonder how am i suppose to get the new torch when it only runs on dm6.
    08-29-10 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD