....and I don't have any passwords set on this phone. What is it looking for exactly? I can't find anything in the help topics that might answer this question. I'm trying to backup my current phone so I can activate me new phone. My old one has started to act crazy, so they just gave me a new one.
    11-24-09 08:44 PM
    Password or PIN? Your PIN should show up at the bottom left hand corner of the screen when you connect. If you didn't set up a password, just hit CANCEL when prompted for a password.
    11-24-09 08:49 PM
    I've tried hitting cancel and then it just cancels the entire function. For instance, it says that it can finish the synching process or the back up process. It just shoots me back to the home screen. It didn't do this the first time I loaded it to back it up.. just this last time.
    11-24-09 09:30 PM
    Make sure your cord is seated properly to your phone. Mine sometimes doesn't register with the computer when connected. Hth

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 06:22 AM
    You said you didn't set any sort of password on the phone, but do you have any sort of security locks enabled? Either for the entire phone or specific applications?

I ask because my girlfriend had the exact same issue with her BB and once she realized it and turned off the security settings, DM worked perfectly without prompting her for a password.
    11-25-09 09:37 AM
    ....and I don't have any passwords set on this phone. What is it looking for exactly? I can't find anything in the help topics that might answer this question. I'm trying to backup my current phone so I can activate me new phone. My old one has started to act crazy, so they just gave me a new one.

PIN should show up automatically. Did you try restarting your computer? I had the same issue until I rebooted my desktop.

Jack
    11-25-09 04:46 PM
    Similar problem....except Manager Does not recognize by device, AND won't allow me to type into PIN box, anyway?
    12-31-10 05:06 PM
    Very interesting. I just rec'd a USB for the storm, plugged it into my "Belkin" USB port thingy, nothing. Plugged USB directly into my computer USB port....viola!
    I opened Desktop manager, it recognized it, displayed PIN at bottom, is Updating and Restoring. I can't believe it!!
    I had been using a wall charger that came with Storm, evidently it shorted out my two batteries!?@*^%$()&_
    12-31-10 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD