I tried upgrading my Storm's OS to 5.0.0.323 but for some reason I couldn't find it with desktop manager. So I deleted the previous versions of OS that were installed. I used Blackberry Swiss Army Knife to upgrade the OS, but now I cant add all the factory apps that usually are available...

When I try to add them they say they're incompatible?
    10-24-09 10:13 AM
    I've had it say that too but when I scrolled down on the that OS install list they were still there. I checked them and they installed. not sure what the deal was but it did install

If you are running Vista you sometimes need to run apploader.exe as admin
    10-24-09 10:21 AM
    Yes I'm running vista. When I try to run apploader.exe it also says that the .alx files are incompatible
    10-24-09 10:25 AM
    Yes I'm running vista. When I try to run apploader.exe it also says that the .alx files are incompatible
    I use vista and never have a problem using app loader. make sure you delete the vendor file on your PC before you down load to your phone. The vendor file will be in the same spot that app loader is all the way at the bottom.
    10-24-09 10:31 AM
    As mentioned b4. I have received that same error and my apps were on the list. they just werent checked. I checked them off and away I went.
    10-24-09 10:31 AM
    I use vista and never have a problem using app loader. make sure you delete the vendor file on your PC before you down load to your phone. The vendor file will be in the same spot that app loader is all the way at the bottom.
    There is no Vendor .XML file in .232.
    10-24-09 10:36 AM
    Did you delete the vendor file?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 10:37 AM
    Yes, I deleted the vendor file. But still doesnt show the OS in desktop manager.

Thanks All
    10-24-09 10:47 AM
    try just going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and right clicking loader.exe and run as admin. dont use DM

Also if you dont wipe (I dont cause its redundant since loader does it) your apps will be restored
    10-24-09 10:53 AM
    Thanks broken, Im trying this now.
    10-24-09 11:03 AM
    Thanks broken, Im trying this now.
    Did you wipe the phone with BBsak? or just use it to install the OS?
    10-24-09 11:10 AM
    btw, if you notice you have media issues you might have to run loader again. seems sometimes all the media files don't get installed the first time around
    10-24-09 11:18 AM
    There is no Vendor .XML file in .232.
    Had one in mine. I bet that particular Vendor.xml was prolly VZW's anyway so wouldnt have made much difference, but I deleted anyway. Better to be safe than sorry
    10-24-09 11:24 AM
    Had one in mine. I bet that particular Vendor.xml was prolly VZW's anyway so wouldnt have made much difference, but I deleted anyway. Better to be safe than sorry
    I didn't delete vendor file and I checked before I posted. I didn't have one.

It's not a case of being safe then sorry. If the vendor file is an issue it won't let you install the upgrade because DM/Apploader won't see the OS.

I'm not the only one who said this OS didn't have a vendor file. I'm surprised there is one, arn't we all downloading the same OS? (.232)
    10-24-09 11:32 AM
    I didn't delete vendor file and I checked before I posted. I didn't have one.

It's not a case of being safe then sorry. If the vendor file is an issue it won't let you install the upgrade because DM/Apploader won't see the OS.

I'm not the only one who said this OS didn't have a vendor file. I'm surprised there is one, arn't we all downloading the same OS? (.232)
    That, or leftovers from other OSs installed on the computer???
    10-24-09 11:51 AM
    That, or leftovers from other OSs installed on the computer???
    I suppose that a vendor .xml file left over from another OS could be in the file.

I honestly whizzed right by that step without even thinking about it. It was only after I saw people suggesting they delete the vendor .xml file I even thought about it. Then I saw somebody posted there wasn't one so I figured "oh, that's why I didn't have an issue."
    10-24-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD