Im new to BB and Desktop manager. What I would like to do is back up my emails, text (SMS msg) and my BB msg. How do I do this? If I back up, does it take it off my phone. Some are now missing from phone so how do I get the back on phone without losing those that are still on phone? If I download these to my CPU, am I able to view the msg on my CPU? My goal is not to lose any information and have it available when I need it. What does it mean to Sync? Please help.
    08-06-09 12:49 PM
    BlackBerry Desktop Manger has tools for Backup and Restore.

The Backup will copy all of your data and settings to a file on your computer. The default setting is to create a fresh backup each week.

If you loose data, you can use these files to recover back to that state, for the specific data base that is damaged or erased.

Once data has been erased from the device, there is no way to recover it, other then from the backup file.

Sync is another form of partial backup. It work with Contacts, Calender, Notes and Task, keeping both up to date. Sync works with Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes and many other programs.
    08-06-09 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD