Hi. I am using the mac Desktop Manager. I have an 8900, OS 4.6. So if I update different aspects of the blackberry (it says there are updates for "Phone," "Browser," etc), will it erase everything on my phone and rewrite it? Note, I am NOT upgrading the OS, just these separate elements. I once had an issue where I tried to upgrade the OS and it had an error while backing up my stuff and I lost everything. I'm worried it will happen with this other process. Thanks...
    KC
    02-19-10 09:45 PM
    You can't update individual parts of the OS. All you can do is upgrade the OS. I don't know how well an OS update works using Mac Desktop Manager. I would recommend you use a PC running Windows to be safe.
    02-19-10 09:48 PM
    So what is this then? This is what I meant:

02-19-10 09:55 PM
    I've never seen a screen shot of BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac before, but it looks much like the PC version. If you click the Start Update button, it will initiate an OS upgrade.
    02-19-10 10:00 PM
    I've never seen a screen shot of BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac before, but it looks much like the PC version. If you click the Start Update button, it will initiate an OS upgrade.
    OK. Thanks a lot!
    02-19-10 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD