I have found some threads about un-bricking a 9900 here, but for some reason was unsuccessful in repairing my phone on my Mac.

My phone charged overnight last night, and I when I tried to use it this morning it was suffering from the basic brick symptoms: black screen, wouldn't turn on, and the red light kept going on and off. I did some battery pulls, but nothing seemed to work.

I have not attempted to download betas or hybrid OS's, and quite honestly I'm not an expert with this stuff so everything I tried doing was pretty simple.

The most successful attempt I had at repairing the phone was when I followed the following thread: forums.crackberry.com/mac-users-f62/how-un-brick-blackberry-mac-336488/. When I connect the phone without the battery, Desktop Manager opens up and I am successful at downloading the OS. However, the loading process fails halfway through because the phone does not initiate.

My phone is still not working and I'd really try to give it a shot and try to fix it myself before surrendering and getting a replacement phone at AT&T or something.

Can someone please help me out? Much appreciated.
    02-03-12 03:07 PM
    did you put the battery back in before the end of the reboot?

The article says when that should be done, but its in fine print. Its soon after software starts loading.

I have found some threads about un-bricking a 9900 here, but for some reason was unsuccessful in repairing my phone on my Mac.

My phone charged overnight last night, and I when I tried to use it this morning it was suffering from the basic brick symptoms: black screen, wouldn't turn on, and the red light kept going on and off. I did some battery pulls, but nothing seemed to work.

I have not attempted to download betas or hybrid OS's, and quite honestly I'm not an expert with this stuff so everything I tried doing was pretty simple.

The most successful attempt I had at repairing the phone was when I followed the following thread: forums.crackberry.com/mac-users-f62/how-un-brick-blackberry-mac-336488/. When I connect the phone without the battery, Desktop Manager opens up and I am successful at downloading the OS. However, the loading process fails halfway through because the phone does not initiate.

My phone is still not working and I'd really try to give it a shot and try to fix it myself before surrendering and getting a replacement phone at AT&T or something.

Can someone please help me out? Much appreciated.
    02-07-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD