About last week I asked for help with a BBZ10 and the BlackBerry Link
    The BB Link which I cannot remove from my PC

It is important, because my dad uses the BBZ10 and has done for the past 2 years.
    It belonged to my sister, his daughter who sadly passed away in that same year I gave control to my dad.

It is his first smartphone and my dad is not computer or smartphone wise, but this has been the best phone he has ever had, but now he is in need of its use due to the devastation that hit his country in Dominica by hurricane Maria and needs to put a greater memory card.

To do this, I believe I will need to back-up the phone to keep his contacts and anything else he has there, but the BB Link is unfunctional, which is where and what I need help with.
    It seems I cannot track my post and a few other features here in "CrackBerry".

Have I done something wrong, has my post, been shreaded.
    Is it because I am not a CEO.

I am totally lost and this point of security also seems lost?
    11-08-17 10:46 AM
    Sorry for your loss and current situation.

If I follow correctly, you want to put a new sd card into your dad's Z10 and you're asking how you would move data from your old card to your new card (via Link)? Many users are having problems with Link these days, you can try moving your sd card files to the Z10's internal storage and then copy them back when you insert the new card.

Alternatively you can connect the Z10 to a PC, copy the files to a desktop, insert the new sd card and then copy them back to your phone. This can be done without Link by going to Settings -> Storage and Access -> Access using USB -> enable USB Mass Storage Mode.
    FF22 and jtv1 like this.
    11-08-17 11:05 AM
    Use Ultimate Backup instead of Link. Link has always been a mess.

If you are just swapping memory cards, all you have to do is connect with a USB and drag and drop the files that are there. Or take the card out and stick it in a computer.

Swapping cards won't affect device storage or what data is on the phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-08-17 11:06 AM
    More likely it's just bugs in the system.... I've noticed post that haven't "stuck".

As to BlackBerry LINK.... there is no single fix. Some of us have tried everything with no success. That said I suggest you search "BlackBerry LINK not working" and read through the more recent post on CrackBerry and see if any other the fixes work for you.

iTunes issues
    Uninstall & Reinstall
    Use Admin Account
    Use Registry to remove all BlackBerry entries - after an uninstall.
    Don't use USB3 ports
    Disable all 3rd party utilities
    Unplug other USB devices
    reinstall windows
    jtv1 likes this.
    11-08-17 11:11 AM
    Hi Invictus

It wonderful hearing from you again after so long.
    It's also been a while since I have had the chance of working on our beloved devices and I have my dad to thank for that chance.

Yes, I have almost forgotten how versatile our devices are.

My main concern is the ability for him to keep all his contacts.
    Saving these details is the most important item.

Is this possible to save the contacts info from the phone folders as it is and then sending/pasting it to the new Memory Card?
    12-09-17 04:50 PM
    My main problem is keeping all the contacts and the memory card he has, is already quite full.
    12-09-17 04:59 PM
    Hi Invictus

It wonderful hearing from you again after so long.
    It's also been a while since I have had the chance of working on our beloved devices and I have my dad to thank for that chance.

Yes, I have almost forgotten how versatile our devices are.

My main concern is the ability for him to keep all his contacts.
    Saving these details is the most important item.

Is this possible to save the contacts info from the phone folders as it is and then sending/pasting it to the new Memory Card?
    Are the contacts saved as local contacts or on an email service (Outlook, Gmail, etc)? If they're on an email service they should sync via the cloud (you can check by logging into your email provider website on a PC and checking contacts). If it's the former, I think the app that @conite suggested could work but I'm not very familiar with it.
    12-10-17 07:21 PM
    Are the contacts saved as local contacts or on an email service (Outlook, Gmail, etc)? If they're on an email service they should sync via the cloud (you can check by logging into your email provider website on a PC and checking contacts). If it's the former, I think the app that @conite suggested could work but I'm not very familiar with it.
    My main problem is keeping all the contacts and the memory card he has, is already quite full.
    Ultimate Backup can save your contacts (among other things) to the cloud, or to your SD card.
    12-10-17 07:23 PM