I could not find a Blackberry Blend topic/Forum that's why i'm starting one here.

Has anyone ?

I have it successfully working Via WIFI / USB but blackberry stated that you should be able to connect via Mobile Network.

WIFI is not an option for me here at work, and I constantly get up and get back to my office, so i keep unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in just because of Blackberry Blend, as i find it useful and helpful on a day to day power user.

I have run through all the possibilities on the Help section on this, nothing really happens other than searching... and then eventually it errors out where it says cant connect.
    ptpete likes this.
    10-10-14 11:26 AM
    Go into blend

Has anyone successfully connected Blackberry Blend via Mobile Network?-img_20141010_101121.png

Tap the blue hyperlink into device connection settings

Has anyone successfully connected Blackberry Blend via Mobile Network?-img_20141010_101128.png

And ensure mobile network is switched on.

Posted via CB10
    bunky1971 and ptpete like this.
    10-10-14 12:12 PM
    I have been using it via mobile network for almost 2 weeks... in fact it's connected right now by mobile network. Works great.
    10-10-14 12:22 PM
    Works perfect here.

Has anyone successfully connected Blackberry Blend via Mobile Network?-img_20141010_102508.png

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:26 PM
    Yeah, I've used mine plenty. Waiting for my new VIP Passport now so back to my Z10 for the moment.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:35 PM
    Would it be able to link by mobile network if the tablet is WIFI only? Thxk.
    10-10-14 12:38 PM
    I wouldn't think so as the wi-fi only tablet has no mobile connection. Don't both devices have to see each other?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:41 PM
    Yes, they would. The two devices just both have to be connected to some network that has access to the Internet. That is all that's required. The networks don't have to be the same, and one or both devices can be on a mobile network, even different mobile networks. Basically, Blend works off of any connection that has Internet access.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:43 PM
    I wouldn't think so as the wi-fi only tablet has no mobile connection. Don't both devices have to see each other?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I would think so too but want to double confirm for that.

That means I need to invest more to get a mobile network one.
    10-10-14 12:45 PM
    Works perfect here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141010_102508.png 
Views:	988 
Size:	181.1 KB 
ID:	304832

Posted via CB10
    Are you running a leak? Or is that an official?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:49 PM
    Yes, they would. The two devices just both have to be connected to some network that has access to the Internet. That is all that's required. The networks don't have to be the same, and one or both devices can be on a mobile network, even different mobile networks. Basically, Blend works off of any connection that has Internet access.

Posted via CB10
    I see. Thxk for clarifying this.

It would be nice if the tablet could be connected via WIFI-direct by Blend from BB device....or am I too greedy?
    10-10-14 12:59 PM
    wow..

not sure what is going on on my end then.. thanks for the replies, gonna keep on troubleshooting.
    10-10-14 01:00 PM
    Holy cow, I did not know this worked outside of being on the same wifi network.
    This really makes blend super useful-it's almost like the new push email.
    10-10-14 01:05 PM
    I see. Thxk for clarifying this.

It would be nice if the tablet could be connected via WIFI-direct by Blend from BB device....or am I too greedy?
    Getting too greedy

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:07 PM
    Yup, I would think so too but want to double confirm for that.

That means I need to invest more to get a mobile network one.
    If it has an Internet connection, regardless of how or what, it works.... it is that simple...

I can literally leave my phone at work, where there is no wifi, and access it from my home, where it is all wifi.
    10-10-14 01:08 PM
    Has anyone tried through hotspot yet?

From BlackBerry Passport
    10-10-14 01:10 PM
    Holy cow, I did not know this worked outside of being on the same wifi network.
    This really makes blend super useful-it's almost like the new push email.
    Your phone could be sitting at your desk at home, plugged into a charger and connected to the mobile network, and you could be on a sailboat with a tablet connected to the Internet via satellite and it would still work. Blend is actually incredibly awesome. Still lots of room for improvement visually and all, but the core idea is like nothing seen before. It is also 100% secure because it's just a secure view into your phone that does not move any data around. The upcoming solution from Apple moves your data around and is not secure. Once you disconnect Blend, nothing stays.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    10-10-14 01:11 PM
    Are you running a leak? Or is that an official?

Posted via CB10
    Leak 10.3.1.632.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:23 PM
    Your phone could be sitting at your desk at home, plugged into a charger and connected to the mobile network, and you could be on a sailboat with a tablet connected to the Internet via satellite and it would still work. Blend is actually incredibly awesome. Still lots of room for improvement visually and all, but the core idea is like nothing seen before. It is also 100% secure because it's just a secure view into your phone that does not move any data around. The upcoming solution from Apple moves your data around and is not secure. Once you disconnect Blend, nothing stays.

Posted via CB10
    Good reason to be greed
    10-10-14 01:34 PM
    First of all, why is there no Blend Forum? Come on CB?

Are people getting their folder structure showing up in Blend?
    10-10-14 01:38 PM
    Thread moved to the BlackBerry Blend forum.
    higherdestiny likes this.
    10-10-14 01:42 PM
    Are people getting their folder structure showing up in Blend?
    It basically shows exactly what the File Manager on the device shows... so, Yes.
    10-10-14 01:47 PM
    By the way, I quite forgot about it, it's possible to use Blend on tablet using Passport as mobile hotspot for this tablet at the same time. Very useful

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:56 PM
    By the way, I quite forgot about it, it's possible to use Blend on tablet using Passport as mobile hotspot for this tablet at the same time. Very useful

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this is correct. It is possible to use Blend and hotspot at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:58 PM
    Yes, this is correct. It is possible to use Blend and hotspot at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    How did you get this to work?
    I frequently enable Mobile Hotspot on my phone, put it in my pocket, and connect to it through my laptop.
    For normal Internet usage, this works fine.
    However, I've never managed to get Blend to connect when my devices are linked this way. It just sits at Searching/Retrying indefinitely.
    I did just try enabling connections over Mobile Network, and that doesn't seem to have helped.
    10-24-14 10:34 AM
31 12