my hard drive crashed on my new MacBook Pro...just over a year of purchasing it....so.....my warranty is out....now i have lost everything....what do I do......i want to sync my blackberry contacts list to my Mac and can't seem to accomplish this.....does anyone know how to get your contacts off of you berry and onto your Mac?......i am extremely confused about how to do this....PocketCrap.....ZERO help.....missing sync....uhh...can only get to were i take them from my desktop and put them on my device....why not from my device to my desktop.....please someone help me with this....i am sure that someone has had to start with a new Mac and get them back on from their device.....any help is at least HELP!!.........thanks MacHeads!!
    08-24-09 07:21 PM
    Install the Missing Sync demo, see if that will do it.
    08-24-09 07:26 PM
    nah....it keeps asking me if i want to change my contacts...that it will change over 5% of my contacts....there is where i am stuck.....any other ideas??.....
    08-24-09 07:32 PM
    You could trying emailing them to yourself but it would be one at a time. Unless someone knows of a way to send multiple contacts at once.
    08-24-09 07:35 PM
    i have like 400+ contacts...i am not in the mood to send that many via email...this is crazy.....i have already lost over 19gb of PAID music....i used to be in a band and don't believe that people should steal music....i have been through a lot....i just want my contacts OFF my berry onto my new Mac hard drive....any other ideas??....
    08-24-09 07:45 PM
    Install Google Sync and back it up there. Works GREAT!!!
    08-25-09 11:16 AM
    Install Google Sync and back it up there. Works GREAT!!!

+1 ^

For future reference, get Applecare off eBay. Half the price of what Apple charges, and well worth the peace of mind. Too late now, as you have 1 year from the purchase date to get it, but keep it in mind for future purchases.
    Last edited by skwij; 08-25-09 at 10:35 PM.
    08-25-09 10:32 PM
    I'd give Google Sync a nod as well.

As for your HD - "crashing" is a pretty generalized description that could mean a lot of things - but it usually boils down to that there is either some written elements for the OS (or some other program) that have been corrupted, and is failing to allow the HD to boot/operate properly - OR - there might be some physical damage to the HD itself (broken read armature or a busted cache chip, etc.)

If the problem seems to be the former, you might try having the HD removed, and then plugging it your new Mac via an external HD housing - this *could* allow you to recover files, data, by reading it as a separate volume through your new machine.

Several of my friends have used this technique for PC HD's that have gone ka-poof, to recover data. Don't see why it wouldn't work on a Mac.
    (Bearing in mind, if the drive has been physically damaged, this likely won't work).

Anyhow, best suggestion I can think of considering I just stunbled home after a very entertaing evening.

Best of luck!
    08-26-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD