Hi, I've been trying to use google calendar to get around the lack of DM for my PowerBook G4. Google sync (sync) has been ok so far and meshes well with google calendar. I'm using google calendar under my personal gmail account (Personal). I also have one I use for work stuff (Work). I'm going to list out the last 2 hours.

1) Sometime during the night, my BB calendar switched default to Work from Personal
    2) Google auto sync doubled my contacts (one for Work, one for Personal)
    3) I deleted duplicate events under Work
    4) sync deleted all my google calendar events, but left a copy on my phone under Personal
    5) Switched default BB calendar back to Personal, reentered my calendar events, and deleted all events form my BB calendar
    6) sync added all my google calendar events correctly under Personal to my BB
    7) my Today Plus theme no longer shows any calendar dates, thought they are still in the calendar
    8) Today Plus theme will show my calendar events associated with Personal "if" I switch my default BB calendar back to Work.

This is maddening. Could Facebook be doing this? I have facebook installed for the Bday calendar enteries, but it's currently listing only one "friend"'s bday in agenda view, but for the next 10 years.

***update***

I received an error message on the remaining calendar enties in my BB that they had been deleted by an external program and the viewer would be closed. After running sync again I now have double calendar entries again, and one of them is assocaited with my Work email (which is neither my google calendar email or my default BB calendar. The calendar entires with the error messages cannot be deleted from my BB calendar.
    Last edited by lanerya2; 07-10-09 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Updated info
    07-10-09 10:22 AM
    Wish I could help. You are right, this is maddening. Why can't this be simple? I'm divided right now as to just swallow it all and go with Missing Sync 2.0, though I, too, preferred using Google Calendar to be able to see everything from any computer.

Keep us posted on what you finally do?

Good luck.
    07-10-09 11:11 AM
    Well, I have fixed my google sync and calendar... for now. Here's the process I used.
    1) Deleted Google sync from my BB
    2) Updated Google Calendar with everything I needed.
    3) Wiped all of my BB calendar appointments using delete prior and picking a date in 2010
    4) Download and ran Google sync
    07-13-09 04:24 PM
    I'm going to try your method lanerya2, fingers crossed.

In the meantime, are you or anyone else also experiencing the Google Sync erasing info off of your Google once it's dropped off your BB cal? My 8830 has a lovely habit of dumping all data regularly (I've been told repetitively that it's the built-in safety) so I've switched all of my memory retention settings to the shortest options, and now my G cal has lost many appts......Is there a way to prioritize which platform wins on conflicts?
    07-15-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD