Anyone else thinking to themselves, "Why do I need Microsoft Outlook?"

Seriously. With Blend,

- Receive and send emails, even those that would normally require a VPN connection for Outlook.
    - BlackBerry Calendar integration
    - All the other BB10 awesomeness - file manager, SMS, BBM and more!

Thanks Outlook. It's been real. Moving on.
    09-24-14 10:55 AM
    It will arrive "Some day over the Rainbow".
    NYTOC83 and nightridah like this.
    09-24-14 10:59 AM

Seriously. With Blend,

- Receive and send emails, even those that would normally require a VPN connection for Outlook.

Agreed. That was my immediate thought. I've been beta testing Airwatch on my SP3 for my firm to get local work mail access but it's been terrible. Very little functionality, can't open attachments, generally a bad experience. Blend will solve all that.
    09-24-14 11:01 AM
    You captured exactly what I was thinking as I watched the live stream. Why would I need Outlook anymore?
    09-24-14 11:19 AM

Seriously. With Blend,

Precisely my thoughts. Goodbye outlook!

Addicted to Z30
    09-24-14 11:29 AM
    Goodbye outlook

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:52 AM
    I wish I could say the same but our office still sends good old paper mail. And need the mail merge functions in outlook. So I'll have to stay with it for now.

?
    09-24-14 11:54 AM
    "It will arrive "Some day over the Rainbow"." Wrong song: "Some day, when the winter is over." Your song is: "Somewhere over the rainbow."
    09-24-14 12:23 PM
    Outlook is a heck of a lot more capable than the phone or blend will be.

In fact I find email management so frustrating on my phone that I just leave everything alone until I can come home and use Outlook to organize everything. But hey, I'm still ticked off that BlackBerry killed BIS.

I'll use Blend for desktop access to text messages and BBM, but it's too bad they still haven't enabled signing into your BBM PIN from multiple devices. The way Blend is set up you have to have your phone either connected via USB or WiFi much the same way Bridge was with the PlayBook.
    09-24-14 12:27 PM
    So if I forget my phone at home -- no go?
    09-24-14 01:16 PM
    I wish I could say the same but our office still sends good old paper mail. And need the mail merge functions in outlook. So I'll have to stay with it for now.

?
    Outlook is a heck of a lot more capable than the phone or blend will be.

In fact I find email management so frustrating on my phone that I just leave everything alone until I can come home and use Outlook to organize everything. But hey, I'm still ticked off that BlackBerry killed BIS.

I'll use Blend for desktop access to text messages and BBM, but it's too bad they still haven't enabled signing into your BBM PIN from multiple devices. The way Blend is set up you have to have your phone either connected via USB or WiFi much the same way Bridge was with the PlayBook.
    So if I forget my phone at home -- no go?
    I'll hand it to you that Outlook is more capable in mail merge, management, and phoneless situations. However, I see myself using Blend a hell of a lot on a day to day basis.
    09-24-14 01:50 PM
    You should have a working blend at hand before you bye-bye outlook. A bird in the hand is worth multiple in the bush.

Love my Z10 looking for its successor or go for Z30 when the price is right for me
    dragon77 likes this.
    09-24-14 03:10 PM
    You should have a working blend at hand before you bye-bye outlook. A bird in the hand is worth multiple in the bush.

Love my Z10 looking for its successor or go for Z30 when the price is right for me
    Absolutely well said sir
    09-24-14 03:16 PM

This
    I wouldn't say good bye to outlook either. In my case, I use Thunderbird. Can you send personalized mass emails using blend? No
    It obviously depends on our needs.
    09-24-14 03:18 PM
    Apparently Blend doesnt work with my Q10 on ATT's latest 10.2.1 OS Goodbye Outlook... Hello Blend!-q10-blend-not-supported.png
    09-24-14 03:22 PM
    lol OP, that's also what I've been thinking since I've seen Blend. No more VPN to access Exchange server from my laptop. Of course webmail is an option, but it's a PITA as it auto logs out within 5 minutes!

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 03:25 PM
    Apparently Blend doesnt work with my Q10 on ATT's latest 10.2.1 OS
    it doesnt work on our 10.3 either. its Passport only right now...

Goodbye Outlook... Hello Blend!-bbblend.jpg
    09-24-14 03:26 PM
    I was thinking this the other day, although there are a few reasons why I would keep using Outlook, Blend is pretty close to making it unnecessary.
    09-24-14 03:56 PM
    Agreed. Bye bye Outlook. I can't wait for Blend

Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 04:13 PM
    For many, Blend may replace Outlook. I've used Blend a few times with my new Passport and it's great. But I use a lot of Outlook features that Blend can't offer.
    Easy-G likes this.
    09-26-14 08:43 AM
    I haven't opened Outlook in about 4 days. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:59 AM
    I think that those of us who use Outlook do so for varied reasons. I had wondered how blend would work with Outlook as I use it in my business which is appointment based. Outlook also holds all my contacts, providing me with a primary list which is synchronised with my phone . All of this can then be integrated with office various programs including invoicing. Finally working in health even though aware of BlackBerry excellent security I would need convincing that it is full proof, did I read that blend can via phone remotely access computer. But power to those who find they don't need outlook.
    09-27-14 06:14 PM
    Blend is just a window to your phone. Do you want to keep several gigs of email on your phone?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    09-27-14 06:56 PM