When replying to an email using the Blackberry,is it possible to have the reply also on the desktop computer? Am I correct that at checkmark indicates the reply has been sent? Is there a sign denoting the reply was recieved?
    07-08-10 12:51 AM
    When replying to an email using the Blackberry,is it possible to have the reply also on the desktop computer? Am I correct that at checkmark indicates the reply has been sent? Is there a sign denoting the reply was recieved?
    I don't know what mail system you are using, I have my own URL which is hosted by GoDaddy. Every email that I send from my BB is found in the sent items folder on my webmail access feature to my mailbox. I simply go there every few days and transfer the ones that I want to keep to the inbox and they get downloaded to Outlook on my Laptop.

There is another way you can get copies to your desktop, I did this until I realized that there were copies in my mailbox online as described above. You can go into your BIS settings online and bcc yourself, this will send a blind copy to your email address for everything that is sent from your BB for that email address. In fact, you could setup another email address that you bcc, don't put it on your BB but you can download it to your desktop for archive purposes.

Checkmark means sent.

As far as the received notification, I thought there was a way. I just looked and didnt' find it. Perhaps one of the more experienced users can help with that one, I'd be interested to know myself.

A thought that just occured to me is that if you sync your email with your computer those sent items may well transfer over. I don't do this as I have the info from another source.
    07-08-10 08:58 AM
    When replying to an email using the Blackberry,is it possible to have the reply also on the desktop computer? Am I correct that at check-mark indicates the reply has been sent? Is there a sign denoting the reply was received?
    if your using the bb.net email address only, then the only record of the sent item will be on your handset and the recipients mail account.

the way to determine if the email was received and or read is found in the messages options. messages->options->email Settings->Confirm Read and Confirm Delivery
    Last edited by MobileMadness002; 07-08-10 at 09:52 AM.
    07-08-10 09:49 AM
    The bb.net email address is great for those quick emails to your device when you want to send yourself things like OTA urls for .jads, etc for themes and app installs etc. I find it an appealing use for things like that!

Also, It's an address to share with someone without giving away a "real" email address if you don't want to...
    07-08-10 11:30 AM
    The bb.net email address is great for those quick emails to your device when you want to send yourself things like OTA urls for .jads, etc for themes and app installs etc. I find it an appealing use for things like that!

Also, It's an address to share with someone without giving away a "real" email address if you don't want to...
    +1 on that.
    07-08-10 12:19 PM
    Or, if your email provider doesn't support true push (as Google Apps does not), you can your desktop emails account to forward to your blackberry.net address. This doesn't really solve the finding-it-on-your-desktop issue, unless of course you were to set up an automatic BCC address in your BIS settings to send a copy of all your emails to you other address. This is tricky though, because you'll have to set up a rule or filter somewhere so you don't end up having your BCC'd emails forwarded to the device that just sent them.

Complex, but possible.
    07-08-10 02:47 PM
    When replying to an email using the Blackberry,is it possible to have the reply also on the desktop computer?
    Not if you are using the @verizon.blackberry.net address. That is for the BlackBerry only.

I found no use for an e-mail address that is usable only on a BlackBerry, and not on a PC, so I did not bother creating an @att.blackberry.net address.

I use my Gmail, Yahoo, and regular e-mail addresses on my BlackBerry. When I reply using any of those, I also see my sent message in the sent folder of those accounts when I log in on a PC.
    07-08-10 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD