Having survived the use of Missing Sync 1 w/my Palm Centro (buggy, but sort of worked) I'm very concerned with what experiences we have setting it up to use with our brand new Tours. Can we document on this thread who is having easy success with it and who is having a problem? And then suggest solutions? I have my fingers crossed. I LOVE the "proximity sync" feature -- no cables -- and I'm leaving aside the whole attempt to coordinate Google Sync, Mobile Me, etc. for the time being, just trusting my physical blackberry, my Mac and whatever cloud Blackberry has all this stuff in. I hope I'm not naive. Should get the phone in a few days. Anyone running Missing Sync 2.0 is welcome to comment here; I expect a ton of problems reported with PocketMac and Blackberry's own programs for getting iTunes on your Tour.

But what about Missing Sync 2? Working?
    07-11-09 08:52 AM
    Having survived the use of Missing Sync 1 w/my Palm Centro (buggy, but sort of worked) I'm very concerned with what experiences we have setting it up to use with our brand new Tours. Can we document on this thread who is having easy success with it and who is having a problem? And then suggest solutions? I have my fingers crossed. I LOVE the "proximity sync" feature -- no cables -- and I'm leaving aside the whole attempt to coordinate Google Sync, Mobile Me, etc. for the time being, just trusting my physical blackberry, my Mac and whatever cloud Blackberry has all this stuff in. I hope I'm not naive. Should get the phone in a few days. Anyone running Missing Sync 2.0 is welcome to comment here; I expect a ton of problems reported with PocketMac and Blackberry's own programs for getting iTunes on your Tour.

But what about Missing Sync 2? Working?
    I'm using Missing Sync 2 with my Tour. I've been using it for a week with no problems other than a few duplicate calendar entries that show up in Entourage. It's well worth the investment and syncing through blue tooth is awesome..

07-20-09 08:12 PM
    I've been running MissingSync 2.0 from day 1 with my Tour. Simply wonderful.

The only issue I ran into was getting Google Sync to play nice with everything. I think that if I had Google Sync installed BEFORE Missing Sync things would have been much smoother as there wouldn't have been two sync programs fighting for control... eventually, after some editing and force overwriting of contacts, things are happy and wonderful.

Bluetooth syncing is a thing of glory... walk home, throw the tour into the charging pod (in a completely different room) and at some point in the next few mins, the computer will detect the tour, and attempt to sync (mine is set for every 8 hours... roughly before work and dinner). If it can't find the device it "fails" and tries again later.

iTunes, iPhoto, iCal were all flawless. The video re-compression software is also quite wonderful to be included in the price. Fast and simple to use.

To be completely honest, even though DM has been announced for Mac... unless it is COMPLETELY awesome, I plan to continue using MissingSync and only use DM to update the OS on the BlackBerry... nothing else.
    07-25-09 07:38 PM
    I just got the Tour and it's not working with my version 1. I think I'll keep using Google Sync until RIM releases the new mac desktop app next month.
    08-01-09 11:02 PM
    the one thing that happened to me is that i got some question marks on tons of contacts... had to remove them by hand...
    08-16-09 11:48 AM
    I just purchased Missing Sync for my new Blackberry Tour. The Mac side of the software installed correctly, but I cannot get the Blackberry side to run. When I first start up Missing Sync, I get this message:

Error starting MissingSync: Module 'MissingSync-1' has verification errors.

The subsequent run of MissingSync produces:

Error starting MissingSync: Error loading module 'MissingSync' OutOfMemoryError.

Subsequent runs of Missing Sync repeat these 2 errors.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling (OTA), and did a battery pull reset, but I still get the errors. Also, installing from a SD card produces the same results.

At one point, after installing and doing a battery pull reset, I got a 'Reload Software:552' error. I needed to go into the DM to delete Missing Sync to get my Tour working again.

Is anyone experiencing this problem? I'm hoping I just didn't pour $40 down the drain.

Thanks....Mike
    08-27-09 05:05 PM
    I found the problem program that was causing Missing Sync fits....Nixie Clock. After I uninstalled Nixie, Missing Sync works great (along with VZ Nav, which got the same run-time errors).

Now I need a neat charging clock

Mike
    08-28-09 02:09 PM
    Used it on my Pearl without problem, nothing but problems with my Tour. Difficulty syncing changes made on my MAC to the Device and syncing at times works and at other times does not work. No problem with contacts sync.

Have made multiple attempts with tech support to correct problem and at this point they are giving me repeat suggestions. Would not recommend missing sync at this point for the tour. Suggest waiting for Rim's Desktop manager.
    09-07-09 07:56 PM
    I'm not paying again for v2. I'm waiting for the official RIM version for mac and keep using Google Sync.
    09-16-09 09:04 AM
    I've been running MissingSync 2.0 from day 1 with my Tour. Simply wonderful.

The only issue I ran into was getting Google Sync to play nice with everything. I think that if I had Google Sync installed BEFORE Missing Sync things would have been much smoother as there wouldn't have been two sync programs fighting for control... eventually, after some editing and force overwriting of contacts, things are happy and wonderful.

Bluetooth syncing is a thing of glory... walk home, throw the tour into the charging pod (in a completely different room) and at some point in the next few mins, the computer will detect the tour, and attempt to sync (mine is set for every 8 hours... roughly before work and dinner). If it can't find the device it "fails" and tries again later.

iTunes, iPhoto, iCal were all flawless. The video re-compression software is also quite wonderful to be included in the price. Fast and simple to use.

To be completely honest, even though DM has been announced for Mac... unless it is COMPLETELY awesome, I plan to continue using MissingSync and only use DM to update the OS on the BlackBerry... nothing else.
    i completely agree!

missing sync 2.0 is great

d
    09-16-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD