My Link stopped working with Windows 10 and I started searching for a solution. The first thing I decided to do was to uninstall/reinstall, which seemed to work for some people.

OMG! Who told me to do THAT! I uninstalled BlackBerry Desktop Software and it refused to reinstall. It kept giving me: "An error occurred during the installation of the software. Some of the installation files of the previous versions of the software could not be removed. Make sure that no other application is using these files (error 2147023295)".

Nothing worked. I dont have iTunes, so that solution was out. I tried downloading a fresh copy from the BlackBerry site, I tried Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner, deleting registry entries manually, system recovery I couldnt remove the leftover files or recover the program. The worst part of it was, I lost Blend; which was working just fine! I gave up hope and started looking for alternatives

While looking into different apps, I stumbled across a post that I decided to try. I loaded an older single version of Link (1.2.3.56) from here: Windows 10 Download

It didnt work. It gave me the same error. So, I tried to get it working by doing the following: New Version of Software Won't Install

When I did that, it starting working (I also tried this method with the Blend+Link desktop package, but it still wouldnt budge)! After Link was installed, I did a repair through windows programs and features and then I uninstalled it, but didnt remove any preferences.

I crossed my fingers and tried reinstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Software (1.2.0.52_B59) and now both Blend AND Link are back up and working!

All this to say, I dont know if it will work for you, but I thought Id pass it on.
    12-29-16 04:39 PM
    12-29-16 04:43 PM
    There are so many threads on this topic and no one solution! In the end it took two different methods to get mine working.
    12-29-16 04:59 PM