1) on the main menu, the 'email settings' option is faded out and when i click it it says 'not available without an online connection to your messaging system'. what does this mean?

2)when i try to sync my bb with itunes it says 'it failed to initialize. please run blackberry desktop manager with administrative priveledges' what does this mean, i am the administrator on my laptop?

3)just been looking in the handbook and realised i chose the wronge type of email when setting up blackberry desktop manager. (i selected enterprise server option as oppose to internet service option) i dont know what difference this makes but nethertheless would like to change it so i can set my email, does anybody know how to?

thanks guys
    08-10-09 08:17 AM
    anybody????
    08-10-09 08:38 AM
    First of all, don't bump your own thread after 30 minutes of posting it. That is not going to get you help any faster. In fact, it probably turned away many helpful members.

1 - Do you have a data plan on your account? A data plan is required to use the Blackberry services on your device.

2 - What OS are you running. That sounds like a Vista issue. In which case, I do not use that crap so I'm not sure. What you can try to do is right-click on the DM Icon and then choose "Run As" from the menu. You should then be able to select the Administrator user. You can also verify your current login is part of the Administrator group or login as the actual Administrator account to try it out there.

3 - Login to your BIS Manager for your provider and setup your email there. Check out the 101 lectures for a guide on setting up your BIS. I have a link to them in my signature and you can also find them at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page.
    08-10-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD