Recently, I have been experiencing errors trying to use Application Loader in Desktop Manager. I have been using DM fairly regularly for over a year, now all of a sudden I consistently get an error message stating �Fatal error has occured while updating your device software. Please try again.� No matter how many times I try, I always get the same message.

The steps I take are as follows:
    • Connect Blackberry
    • Open Desktop Manager (v7)
    • Click on Application Loader
    • Click "Start" in the Add / Remove Applications box.
      It then goes through a couple of popups with status bars, The last status bar window I see before the error is "searching for available device software." It is always during this part when the fatal error happens.

I have DM installed on two different computers and have used both computers in the past. Now I get the error on both computers. I even removed the desktop manager and reloaded it, with the same results.

Is this a phone problem, or a DM problem? To me it seems like a BB issue. I also tried uninstalling any apps I added OTA since the last time I used DM, but that had no affect.

Any suggestions?
    01-08-09 02:33 PM
    dektop manager 4.7 is buggy and works best with the Storm
    you need to stick to 4.6
    its not like you're losing anything
    01-08-09 02:34 PM
    hi,

i have had the same fault but my bb has got a white screen now an does not load at all.

any ideas on what to do???????

am really stuck now.

if you could email me would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by mohy; 06-02-09 at 06:55 PM.
    06-02-09 06:53 PM
    I am having the same problem now that I have loaded 5.0 Desktop. When I try to load apps, it starts loading 4.6 Core applications and wants to downgrade docs-to-go. It starts and then gives me a fatal error message, and nothing is done to the phone. Should I downgrade my Desktop to the original disc that came with the phone?
    10-21-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD